Skip to content

Discuss This Video: See and hear the 2009 Yamaha R1 in action New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: See and hear the 2009 Yamaha R1 in action

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Angus Farquhar  says:

Video: See and hear the 2009 Yamaha R1 in action

The first video has emerged of the 2009 Yamaha R1 in action and it sounds incredible. Check out the video on the right to see the new 2009 Yamaha R1 in action as part of a US promo video and hear the incredible sound it makes. The video explains all the technical aspects of how the engine works with Colin Edwards taking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (08 September 2008 23:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

THANK GOD They Had Collin There...

Man the narrators voice is beyond annoying hahaha. I cant wait to see this machine in WS-STK Its got so much engine mods that it seems to be a ... neigh i say it, Ducati rival, with the advantage that it has more power, torque and revs. Only time will tell if i warm up to the styling though.... Ive only just got used to the new Ninja 10R and CBR1000RR, I absolutly loved the current R1 looks.....

Reply to this Topic
frontburner

Sep 08

frontburner says:

Yamaha vs. Honda

Yamaha has completely outclassed Honda with their Shock and Awe product launch in comparison to Honda's limp, piecemeal....ummm,....is there even going to be a 2009 Honda lineup?

Reply to this Topic
merv007

Dec 07

merv007 says:

big bang

very interesting development. at last a japanese four that dosent sound like a fucking vacuum cleaner. pity about the looks, but then the japanese are experts in ugly design, just the way its always been. i do love the sound, though a V4 big bang engine would sound even better, i hope Ducati go back to that configuration in moto gp.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Yamaha Long Bang...

Not Big Bang in the ye olde 1989 sense :P things have moved on from the tail end of the golden age of 2T racing. The best quality for this machine is in racing, the engine firing order may help to ease the congestion in plastic recycle bins inside trackdays the nation over from crashed R1 plastics hehe. Still aint a fan of the style, i gave it another look and i cant see anything NICE about it. all the bits i loved about the previous model have been ruined somewhat. Makes the new blade look like a beauty hahah

Reply to this Topic
rstuner

May 06

rstuner says:

might be the bike for me to part with my k6 gsxr 1000. dont care about looks but how it goes that what these bikes are for.

Reply to this Topic
peripatetic

Sep 04

peripatetic says:

Good and Bad

Good:

*Should be less stress on the crank owing to the re-phased firing order; less in the way of peak rocking forces; peak rpm could be higher

*Easier drive off the turns with more effective side grip/less slippage

Bad:

*Sounds like an overstressed four-stroke single or at best, a tricked-up parallel twin four-stroke. All very nice if you're into a chest-thumping low-frequency throb but surely that's best left to the V-twin adherents ...

*This makes for a Superbike that's even more of a Stuporbike, i.e. terribly easy to ride, very forgiving blah blah ... linear power delivery ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .....  goodness gracious, it would be a nice change to ride a bike that frightens your major organs out of your chest. Whatever happened to sheer insanity on two wheels?

Linear power delivery eh ... that's what electric milk floats have.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices