Skip to content

General Boots? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Boots?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GlanBandit

Dec 07

GlanBandit says:

Boots?

I have been wearing Bulldog waterproof boots for the last yr. Got them cheap from HG.

Want something a little more suited to biking and a better fit and look.

Have been looking at the Alpinestar range but have really been drawn to the Sidi boots.

I have a bit of cash to spend so would appreciate anything you think, i.e. if you have been using a boot a yr+ and have something good or bad to say please let me know.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (10 September 2008 22:54)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jbennison

May 04

jbennison says:

I have

A pair of Sidi B2's which are race boot in design but with a gore tex liner so are waterproof with it. They are built like army boots (nice thick leather) and are very comfy and, obviously, waterproof. I also have the sidi blackrains which are comfy too but if it really chucks it down they do leak. If I had to choose between the two it would be the B2's.

Shop around as you can get them for around £150ish but do try them on as both my pairs are the same size on the label but the b2's are slighty bigger which also means I can wear a thicker pair of socks when the weather gets a bit cooler.

As for how long I have had them. I am doing 100 miles a day and have worn the b2's almost all the time. The blackrains come out every so often to give the b2's a rest whilst the dubbin soaks in (keeps the leather soft and protects it) so I can vouch for their quality.

Take care

jb

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

brought these

about amonth ago 'cos i wanted a bit of race styling instead of 'grandad' style boot ,did me grand 8 hours in torrential rain from Scotland ! Only thing that was dry was my feet! Known for their longevity too ,with lots of folks owning 'em a fair few years

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Good rain boots

Sidi Black Rain - have some and love them, they are ancient and can probably walk themselves by now but never let me down.

Alpinestars SMX-R waterproof boots are my fav but took some breaking in. Had for 2 years no worries.

Arlen Ness 1096 waterproof boots are my everyday, nice looking and stylish but have become hard to get hold of. 10 months and they're a little frayed and scuffed but that's my fault.

Also have some Bullson Vince Dry boots for when I can't be bothered with full on race boots, mainly if have to walk around town after parking the bike.

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

FFS!!

HOW MANY FLIPPIN' BOOTS????

Staffs you a girl or what????:shock:

They must see you coming all the waterproof boots and you don't go out in the rain!!!:lol::lol::lol:

hehe soweee

Maxie xx

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Mjollnir

Aug 08

Mjollnir says:

Well he has to have a set to go

with each of his multi-coloured power ranger suits :winkie::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

was just thinking on from that

I have ONE helmet

ONE jacket

ONE pair of textiles trousers

ONE pair of boots

TWO pairs of gloves ! That's it!

all old stuff goes to off-roading gear ,so can be called upon for road bike in a emergency but thats only rarely .

Is it me who's odd? why all the kit ? bear in mind I ride all year round in ALL weathers !And I don't need it!

sorry didn't mean to thread hijack,

as you were boys and gals XX

Mx

Reply to this Topic
staffsknot

Jun 08

staffsknot says:

Maxie

I do go out in the rain... like yesterday and the day before!

I have 6 pairs of boots, a one-piece, 2x 2 pieces, one wp textile jacket and trousers for touring, one offroad wp jacket and trousers (Tuareg stuff) and a set of enduro kit. Also have 4 sets of gloves. 3 lids (2 road, one Tour-X enduro)

Can I help it if I like to wear different things...

I also tend to have a collector mentality, you should see how many guitars I've got. Besides my old man is the same boot size, lid size and roughly height as me so he can borrow stuff.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

HEHE

I know you do babe ,still got some grief to give ya for Squires though! :wink:

Spot the person with no mortgage, wife  and/or kids!! hehe:wink:

Maxie x

Reply to this Topic
Des_Fireblade

Apr 08

Bandit

I have had Sidi Vertigos (Got them in a sale for ~£100) for over a year. They are good. They will leak a bit in heavy rain unfortunately (via the closable vents) but I think they are good!. See attached image:

Ciao,

Des_Fireblade

Reply to this Topic
deemax

Aug 07

deemax says:

sidi boots

wore sidi boots for 10 years now cant fault them once broken in .just bought a pair of sidi s new goretex warm waterproof better than sidi black rain got mine of infinity southampton cost £170 after haggling love them hope this helps

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices