Skip to content

General Kid riding pillion. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Kid riding pillion.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bigerndrums

May 08

bigerndrums says:

Kid riding pillion.

On my way down to Brighton yesterday on the M23 saw a bloke on a green Triumph Tiger with a kid on the back, probably about 9-10 years old. The kid was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and the guy must have been doing over 90mph. Call me old fashioned but I would say this was pretty irresponsible/stupid.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (15 September 2008 18:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

fuzzer

its not a rant its fact he didnt break any laws did he well except for the 90mph bit

just think how you would complane every time u went out with a pillion not dressed up in full gear  coz i no i would be pissed off

plus i dont sit and judge others i do what i do and they do what they do  end of st ory  

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Peter Rabbit

Normal jeans, jacket from Lewis Leathers (cos some of them had colours on, not just black), Griffin helmet, and fishermans socks folded down over the tops of my boots!  Long white scarf fluttering.  Ah - those were the days. 

Reply to this Topic
peter rabbit

Nov 02

peter rabbit says:

Oh yes

I remember it well........

Prior to extravangantly purchasing a Griffin International helmet - which, then, was the most "technologically advanced and aerodynamically styled" helmet available (personally liked the kid leather round the neck :winkie:)

I had a Premier full-face helmet - all sparkly metal flake - which flipped the visor over the top of the helmet when I looked over my shoulder! To prevent this you had to physically fasten the visor down using the pop-studs it was fitted with. Trouble was you then needed two hands to un-pop the visor when you wanted to lift it - not funny whilst wrestling a US spec Bonneville round corners.......

And yes... the folded sea boot socks over the Gold Top boots... acting as a wick when it rained.....!

And the lewis leather  jackets which leaked throught the seams between the black parts and the red (and/or blue) stripes!....

We wuz 'ard in them days.....

Wab

:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
MissShelley

Sep 07

MissShelley says:

its just

totally irresponsible to allow a child on a bike without protective gear, end of. Until they're of a legal age where they make they're own decisions then adults should have to make the best ones for them.

It might be ok to live and die by the sword but its not the kids fault the adults are dickheads. Protect the children! :smile

thats why stupid laws are made cos people see the odd twat like that and then before you know it they're lobbying a law we all have to adhere to EVERY time we get on a bike whether its down the road or motorway. grrrr

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

brutale r

i dont sit and judge others i do what i do and they do what they do  end of st ory  

Sweet music to Garry Glitter's ears. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
hippydc

Dec 07

hippydc says:

pillion

I've just been out for the first time this year:smile (how come its only sunny when i'm at work) and wore all my kit. If i take my wife or 16yr old son on the back they always wear full kit too, its not worth the risk as it hurts when you take a fall.

I see loads of riders and pillions wearing a lid with shorts and a tee shirt which makes me cringe:wacko:, its their decision to take the risks at the end of the day but even cheap gear is better than gravel rash or worse.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices