Go to most recent reply

Frieda

Jul 07

Frieda says:

Cycling versus motorcycling

Has anyone seen the new advertisement by Transport for London: 

"You're better off by bike".

No, they did not mean MOTORbike...

Has anyone, out of curiosity, EVER seen an advertisement encouraging people to take up MOTORcycling? 

It really is weird that the government runs THINK BIKE! advertisements, thus acknowledging bikers EXIST, then taxes them, but then does not think them good enough for the New London image, for a greener Britain. 

Explain this!!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (17 September 2008 22:16)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

the next time i

see a cyclist run a red light.... i like to run them down..! 

Makes my blood boil that they want to use the roads, but then break the laws running through red lights and even over pedestrian crossings when people are crossing...!  Fu8kers...!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reply to this Topic
Frieda

Jul 07

Frieda says:

sky

i agree with everything 

but please when you see me at the lights on my MTB please don't run me down :lol:

ps - you'll recognise me because everytime a motorbike pulls past me I sit there grinning and staring like i had a lobotomy

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Frieda

If I see you at the lights in a Motor Torpedo Boat :blink: I'll stop drinking :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

Cycling & motorcycling...

I do both! What's more I enjoy both. Although I do not cycle on the roads as most roads round here are national speed limit. Off-road mountain biking is where it's at...

Seriously though, no government is ever going to promote motorcycling. It's a sad but true fact. The safety lobby would never allow it. They see us as death wish maniacs and I'm sure this is why we will gradually be priced off the roads. Our statistics don't help us here (1% of road users, 38% of KSIs). I think what the government actually want is for motorcycling to become as socially unacceptable as smoking...

However, I kinda like being a rebel... :smile

Reply to this Topic
bigerndrums

May 08

bigerndrums says:

Cycling in London.

I ride both a motorbike and bicycle around London depending on how energetic I'm feeling. I confess to running red lights on my bicycle but only when it is safe to do so, I'm not into playing frogger across 4 way junctions. I do it to get a head start on the traffic. Those green boxes for bikes at traffic lights are the stupidest idea ever. Why encourage bikes with no acceleration to stop in front of cars and motorbikes and then risk getting flattened when the lights change? Having a car & motorbike license I have a good appreciation of what it means to be safe and respectful of other road users. This is something a lot of cyclists don't understand I'll admit but I'm not one of them.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Frieda

i agree with everything 

Toecutter -

'What a wonderful philosophy you have' . :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
MissShelley

Sep 07

MissShelley says:

i agree!

with your first point, and it does make me sad that we are the underdog but cyclists are our not so distant cousins and we should all be one happy family! its really hard to cycle on the roads these days as it is to motorcycle on them.

sorry I've just been on holiday so I'm feeling lovey.:ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices