Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

peter rabbit

Nov 02

peter rabbit says:

dontcha just love the brits abroad

*Top ten most bizarre and genuine travelling customer complaints

According to Thomas Cook in the UK, some holidaymakers are just never satisfied. Here are the top ten most bizarre and genuine customer complaints received by the firm in recent years:

1. On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all.

2. The beach was too sandy.

3. I bought a snorkel and swimming mask for my six-year-old son, but he was too upset to use them as the fish frightened him.

4. It rained on my birthday.

5. Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women.

6. I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.

7. It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned.

8. We bought 'Ray-Ban' sunglasses for five euros (~3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.

9. None of the hotel staff was English, and the tea didn't taste the same as at home.

10. I would like to complain about the price of alcohol in the resort. It was too cheap and I woke with a hangover every day.

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 September 2008 11:05)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fossil

Aug 02

fossil says:

there's no pleasing some folk

Thomas Cook should have a standard reply for these idiots..... along the lines of.........

"What the feck do you expect you moron and what feck do you expect us to care, but as way of compensation here's a  voucher for your next holiday with us, simply take this to your travel agent and you will get 7 nights for the price of 10"

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Il never

understand idiots who go abroad and expect to find 'English' food on the menu..! :blink:

Reply to this Topic
MissShelley

Sep 07

MissShelley says:

thats really funny!

but sadly, I believe it!

However, recently went to a Greek island and during the coach transfer the rep said 'you must not put toilet paper down the toilet' Being a Brit I thought this was most shocking!!! but theres no way anyone in their right mind would complain about it...however some of us think we're still Imperial Britain.

Reply to this Topic
Des_Fireblade

Apr 08

Greece

bloody hell I thought they meant the newspaper :blink:!

Reply to this Topic
Jonathan

Aug 02

Jonathan says:

Can't afford

to go abroad, or on holiday, or to live generally. 

Got 2 kids at University, student loans, etc.etc.etc.etc. blah blah blah

Going to hide in a darkened room........................

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Dontcha just

Come on Peter, You've copied those quotes out of VIZ have'nt you? Not even the Brits abroad are that simple minded.No 5s a cracker tho' :lol::lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
peter rabbit

Nov 02

peter rabbit says:

OIG

Not sure where these things come from as I usually get via email at work -

My rule of thumb is that if they make me laugh out lopud, snigger or physically smile I consider sharing them with others I know (or not).

In this case I thought my MCN posting buddies would appreciate some, if not all, of the items.

Ta

Wab

:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices