Skip to content

Discuss This £800,000 of riders’ cash to be pocketed by Government Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > £800,000 of riders’ cash to be pocketed by Government

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

£800,000 of riders’ cash to be pocketed by Government

Over £800,000 of riders’ cash will be pocketed by the Government in the ongoing motorcycle test shake-up fiasco. Learners who paid £20 extra for the new motorcycle test will not be refunded even though they will be offered the cheaper old-style test instead. Around 10,000 riders who booked the new test will be offered the old one after the changeover was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (24 September 2008 17:23)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
coliwobble

Jan 05

coliwobble says:

Rip Off

How can this not be fraud/receiving money under false pretences? If I bought a £10k car, I wouldn't let the dealer give me a £7k one and keep £3k for no apparent reason. What's the difference here. If you paid £80 on the basis that it was for a new test then you should receive that new test. Otherwise you get your £20 back. A comment from MAG/BMF would be welcome here.  

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

rip off???

Is  the appropriate offence is false representation?:mad:

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Sue them

This is what we have riders rights organisations for. In the meantime, pick an individual who has been charged this extra money and have them make a claim in the Small Claims Court. THAT will be enough to set the ball rolling, and the resultant publicity would make defending any class action almost impossible. Just when are the organisations that represent riders rights going to start actually doing something..? I would have thought the training industry would have had the lawyers on the case by now.

Reply to this Topic
EVELKNIEVEL

Oct 06

EVELKNIEVEL says:

The Government are a filthy bunch of thieving bastards.

Reply to this Topic
tomo1200

Sep 08

tomo1200 says:

useless

After almost 3 weeks of uncertainty, it has been decided that my local test centre will now not be reopening, even though i was told it would be, told it was now fully booked up till december, even though no one has been able to book a test for almost a month, local lerners now have to travel to the "new" test centre at chester, at additional extra cost. Absolute shambles, and a very well kept secret shambles!!! Where is all of the national news coverage of the disgraceful events????? THERE ISN'T ANY, BECAUSE ITS ONLY BIKERS BEING INCONVENIENCED, RIPPED OFF AND VICTIMISED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
hairyMuppet

Dec 03

hairyMuppet says:

Random thought...

...breach of contract?  The newbies booked for Test B, but will only get Test A.

Any lawyery types about?

Reply to this Topic
mick2

Nov 04

mick2 says:

This government is above the law............NEW LABOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT! Just different angle of ripping off the ordinary working man, work out all the extra stuff we are now paying and we are probably paying inexcess of 40% tax...........work it out people.

Now I am not saying we should or shouldn't of got involved with America in Iraq but someone has to pay for it!

Maggie done it! but she never crippled us like this bunch!

Stirred some emotions yet? Oh well have to keep trying I guess LOL!

Reply to this Topic
puck67

Nov 07

puck67 says:

Should give the money back..... robbing mothers !!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices