Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Title defeat no concern for Casey Stoner MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Title defeat no concern for Casey Stoner

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Title defeat no concern for Casey Stoner

Casey Stoner reckons he won’t dwell for long on what seems to be certain defeat in the 2008 MotoGP world championship. The Aussie’s reign as premier class champion is likely to be ended by Yamaha rival Valentino Rossi in Japan this weekend. Stoner trails Rossi by a massive 87-points with just four races remaining, and he is likely to surrender the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (25 September 2008 13:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

no way

nah thats bollox he,d be mega pissed about losing the number 1 plate dont care who it is...

Reply to this Topic
bottomley3131

Aug 07

(yea but am a bothered) you should be bothered you fucking dick rossi was bothered last year thats why he and his team have worked there arses off to kick yours TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
fatdrunkstupid

Jul 08

Yawn

Wake me up when the bashing's over............

Reply to this Topic
Pizzaboy

Sep 07

Pizzaboy says:

Nice turn of phrase

Stoner (quoted in the article above):

"When I was struggling at the start of the year he was strong, and in the last part of the season when I’ve made mistakes he’s been there to pick up the pieces."

Not really one for Stoner bashing on the whole but nice the way he's implying that Rossi's only secured a massive lead because he (Stoner) was having a few problems. Didn't look like that at Laguna Seca - Rossi rode him into the ground, literally, on inferior machinery - at least in terms of top end speed. Stoner bashers may go over the top but the kid sure does know how to present an easy target....

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Poor Stoner

Id love to see Stoner on a Yamaha in 2009 and hear the bullshit "better machinery" keep coming.

God what a set of wankers

Reply to this Topic
yzfstu

Apr 04

yzfstu says:

No 1 plate

It's widely known that nothing slows you down quicker than the no 1 plate

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

@ Number 1 Plate

Who was it that said "the biggest weight is the smallest number"? oohh, thats right, Mr Rossi esquire :-P i think the doctors performed voodoo on that number after doohan, or maybe it was doohan himself.... the mysteries of superstition!

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

He Digs A Bigger Hole

At the close of this season can we please have a whip round to get a PR Guru for the man with the No1 plate who does not care too much about losing it. It is devilishly difficult to win it in the firts place but to defend it is always harder regardless of the sport involved. The number plate is always there for scalping and nowadays with cheap air travel the Indians come from far and wide. So if the whip round is successful can we expect to hear good natured quips next year, we shall see but I fear with the said gentleman that psychological neoteny will continue. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
Neverking

Jul 08

Neverking says:

Attitude

That's why I just don't like him right now. Maybe in a few years he'll be sound when he's matured. But that whole interview just pisses me off. Apart from the fact he's not even bothered about the title, he even dismisses his home crowd!! He "doesn't care" about being back in Australia. So he doesn't give a rats ass that all his fans will come to see him in his home circuit? That's just bullshit.

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

Lost in Translation..??

Surely ducati have some one working with him. So i can only assume thats its and Italian and its getting lost in translation. Or maybe its a deliberate ploy by said PR genius to make Casey look bad...

I'll defend him endlessly as an Aussie but Sheeit!! And as a competative person myself i get p!ssed if i lose at thumb wrestling let alone something i actually care about... Let alone a world championship.

Maybe he's just an example of sports people being good a what they do but not necessarily the brightest....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle