Skip to content

Discuss This Official picture: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Official picture: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Chris Newbigging  says:

Official picture: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Suzuki has just released the first official picture of the all-new 2009 GSX-R1000. The key change is an all new engine that is 59mm shorter than the outgoing K7/K8 model, allowing a longer swingarm, though the wheelbase is 10mm shorter at 1405mm.  The changes have been made to ‘increase agility and race track performance’ according to Suzuki. Compression is higher according...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (25 September 2008 13:44)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
giancola

Sep 03

giancola says:

Jap Crap

After all the hupalar of the Fireblade front, i think its by far the best looking allround, BUT the RSV4 steals the show hands down even with a bigger price tag, and all without the knowledge of what the s1000rr is like in street clothing.  I think I'll jump ship to Italian bikes from now on, the japs have completely lost their sence of design with form and function in bike building (must have something to do being japs and not eyeties which equals lack of passion for flare in the styling which the Italians NEVER loose or leave out) and thus the last couple of years they have either lost it completely or gone drasticaly backwards and not realised it.  SHAME

Reply to this Topic
newr14meplease

Jul 08

zzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

oh my god this has got to be the biggest disapointment in recent biking history .So maybe it will be fast n handle like a classy whore but it looks like a complete dog.Those exhausts are apauling why do we have to buy a bike thats had suzukis top designers create it and then,  have to buy after market exhausts and extras to actually make it look ok? its so much the same as all the other gixxer1000s.

being the owner of a 2000 r1 i was going to join the "dark side" and swap it for a k9 not now youve just lost a sale suzuki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill be buying a 2009 r1 or either save some cash and get a k6 gixxer1000

cmon suzuki dont employ a designer who brings a guide dog to work!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices