Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi dedicates title success to Norick Abe MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi dedicates title success to Norick Abe

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi dedicates title success to Norick Abe

Valentino Rossi dedicated his sixth MotoGP crown to late Yamaha star Norick Abe at the Twin Ring Motegi yesterday. Rossi was a huge fan of Abe and when he started his world championship career in 1996 he arrived with the nickname ‘Rossifumi’, such was his support for the Japanese rider. Rossi’s admiration for Abe started when he watched him as a wild...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 September 2008 12:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RavenOne

Jul 08

RavenOne says:

Whoops

It's "Colin McRae"..

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

RavenOne

Jeez , don't be so pedantic.

Reply to this Topic
stakker916

Nov 05

stakker916 says:

respect

Think of if like this.  If Norick could enspire the World Champion, we have with Valentino Rossi.  Then he deserves our respect.  Let's hope there are youngsters out there who Rossi will enspire for the future.  If you sit down and watch that 1994 race now , you can understand where Rossi's drive and determination stems from.

2 great riders Rossi, Abe:  RESPECT

Reply to this Topic
lancealbon

Aug 08

lancealbon says:

Rossi No. 1

Another reason I support the king of racing. Rossi is always humble and ready to say something great about another rider. 46 Forever!

Lance

Reply to this Topic
TheCelticHound

Jun 08

Aspire to Inspire

A wonderful gesture from the GOAT. Norick was a particular favourite of mine with his swashbuckling riding style and devil may care attitude to life. It is a timely and fitting tribute for a great rider from Vale.  He probably did a war dance on Sunday evening to summon up the rain for monday thus ensuring he could spend the entire night celebrating. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

Norick

I was always a fan of Norick's riding style & always thought he was going to be more successful in 500's, but obviously, it wasn't to be... I think its great that Rossi had a hero who wasn't a moto gp champ & that he appreciates a rider, not for their all out success, but from a riding style point of view... I think thats very respectful... From my experience of racing, its sad when you beat your hero though, someone you idolise growing up!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices