Skip to content

Discuss This Buell 1125CR-Café Racer First Ride! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Buell 1125CR-Café Racer First Ride!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

Buell 1125CR-Café Racer First Ride!

MCN Chief Road Tester Trevor Franklin has just been riding the new Buell 1125CR Café Racer – these are his first impressions hot off the bike. “My test of the new 1125CR took place at a small facility outside Berlin, Germany and showed two things. First, the naked version of the Buell 1125R with upright bars is a hoot to ride. ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 October 2008 16:04)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Competition?

Is there a competition on for the silliest design for 2009?  I thought the V-max looked ridiculous but this!  Ugly isn't the word.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Buell, Do Youself A Favour...

And fire your design team, they are beyond a joke! As soon as you mention "fairing" they instantly make the most hideous designs on the planet.

Yuck!

Reply to this Topic
estrydom

Sep 06

estrydom says:

Oh boy

Boy oh boy oh BOY........it is ugly!!!

Are the designers at Buell so lazy? All they did was fit a little bikini fairing to the R and bugger the rest. It's a joke.

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

Umm

I've been waiting to see this in the flesh, cuz I actually quite like it... please don't delete my MCN account! ;)

Reply to this Topic
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Censorship!

It didn't take MCN long to hid this one, having seen the negative opinions.  This looks bad for freedom of the press.

Same thing happened when I wrote a short piece criticising rhe appearance of the V-Max after MCN publicised it - they killed it completely!  Add to this the sensationalist headlines eg "Motorcyslists to get Speed Limiters" when the story was nothing of the sort and you start to think that this paper is just a mouthpiece for the industry - or is that me getting paranoid this time? 

What say you MCN?

PS - Glad you've got the formatting stuff sorted out.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

''OH'' DEAR

Its the SHARPAY of the bike world ugly dog,but hey someone will love it.  

Reply to this Topic
kain

Feb 04

kain says:

WTF????

I have the Lightning XB12s with a Remus can & the EXUP disabled, ok less power but who g.a.f? its fookin brill ride  & delight to the ears tho most senior citizens wouldnae agree. So.......Erik me ol´mukka......WTF is the giant vulva/vagina doing there? Its bigger than most C90´s its almost as horrendous as a reliant Robin with cowhorns & a green strip that says ´Plastic Bull´. Admit it Erik u fell asleep or never came back from that caribbean break & let some myopic drongo make a complete mess of something that was ´promising´.

I imagine the Humber Bridge in high winds will not allow high sided vehicles or this heap of design shyte to cross but if your on a bmw with a trailer & 40 ft sail youll prolly be let across.

Needless to say I wouldnt piss on it if it was on fire... & uninsured!

Reply to this Topic
Duker999

Sep 08

Duker999 says:

1125CR !!!

No doubting this has a good motor and good power.

But Who would buy it looking like it does ?

It looks like a rush job to get it into the market quickly.

Sorry, but I think it's proper ugly.

I bought a White Lightening tuber in 2002 , and still have it and love it, and would'nt swap it for the 1125cr.

Whos babys ugly ???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices