Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

Sussex police unmarked bike chase

Check out the video at the bottom of this press release:
http://www.sussex.police.uk/news_feed/index.asp?id=24911
Two riders - one being filmed and one doing the filming.  See which one you think is riding more dangerously.  Then see if you can guess which one got a 2 year ban and which one probably got a commendation for getting a good collar.
The bike in question is reputedly an unmarked, silver CBR600RR.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 October 2008 01:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

r100r

Erm...are you suggesting we are risk takers and adrenaline junkies?   Ok Guilty!:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

having just viewed this

for the first time, I agree the police biker,although perhaps better trained and competent, in NO way should have pursued in that manner....quite clearly the rider could have been stopped sooner, without the risks BOTH took.....had the police backed off, then i would suspect the 'quarry' would have eased off. :shock:...he may have been a trained rider, but could he really have reacted to a less alert motorist at those speeds?!...i think not

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DaveyDavey

May 04

DaveyDavey says:

Hmmm

There's enough evidence in that video to ban the guy in the first few minutes when he's racing through the 40mph zone. There was no need to continue to chase and put other road users in danger. They had already admitted that an ordinary road pursuit was out of the question, so why chase him on an unmarked bike?

The other road users have no idea that there is a police pursuit effectively taking place, which I think is dangerous. The Police are subject to the same laws of the road as the rest of us and should drive/ride accordingly.

Whilst I agree the guy should lose his licence for riding like a twat, I find the methods used to capture it on film reprehensible.

Reply to this Topic
gmangnall

Oct 08

gmangnall says:

Outragious

The copper is such an arrogant tw@ it's beyond belief "He's not very competant" my arse. He didn't do any overtly dangerous overtakes and was pretty safe throughout. Indeed the policeman did the most dangerous move AND was the one most likely to cause traffic to swerve. Should the rider have been banned - of course. 100mph in a 30 should definately be a ban. But the police rider should also have been reprimanded. The aim of the police is to stop this kind of thing and not to get as big a prosectution as possible. A visit to his house to say "Mr. We know what you do and were out to catch you!" would almost certainly have worked without this type of action.

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

gmang

This topic is more popular in the Politics and Law section.  We've all lost interest in it.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

R100R

..But our interest could be 'revived'. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
StevieR600RR

Apr 09

StevieR600RR says:

F*ck sake.

It's not my place to judge, but this guy is one of the cocks that give us a bad name.

He deserves the ban.

Nae luck.

Reply to this Topic
tim1b

Jun 06

tim1b says:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle