Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclists not immune to front-facing speed cameras Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > Motorcyclists not immune to front-facing speed cameras

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Motorcyclists not immune to front-facing speed cameras

Motorcyclists can be caught by front-facing speed cameras even though they don’t capture our number plates, a court case has shown.  Steven Skilton, 22, pleaded guilty to six separate speeding offences after being linked to speed camera photos by tiny details on his motorcycle and clothing. An expert who usually helps identify murderers and armed robbers from CCTV footage had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 October 2008 10:21)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mr grumpy

Jul 07

mr grumpy says:

I dont see how anybody can have any symphathy for Mr Skelton hes part of the reason we are all tarnished with the same idea that all motorbikers are idiots when we are NOT Doing that speed in a 30mph are is just plain idiotic.

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

W****R!

Steve, your a f*****g twat!! I bet you even saw the van and thought in your tiny brain, 'bet i will look well cool by poppin one infront of old bill'... Well thanks for making us all scapegoats now you mug!  We all like abit of  fun on our bikes... Otherwise we would just drive cars alone. If you had a brain you would save this sort of stuff for quiet, country roads, not busy 30mph town roads. Thanks Steve Skilton, (aka the twat!)

Reply to this Topic
jimcumbria

Oct 08

jimcumbria says:

Should have given the moron a 10 year ban.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

what a pillock

Thats all i can say....

Reply to this Topic
andemcfc

Feb 03

andemcfc says:

What a total numpty.His mates behind him should give him a slap for dragging them into too.

Reply to this Topic
farry91

Jun 08

farry91 says:

steve!!!

steve you prat!! well done. COCK!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Starman ZZR600

Apr 07

Camera Madness?

The best place for tricks and stunts is.......the track not out on the road.

A while back some chappie was riding his rather snazzy and rare BMW Tourer down in the Home Counties i believe, and on passing thru' a camera decided in his wisdom to give it the two fingered salute! the police not finding this amusing turned every stone to find him, turned out his bike was a rarer special edition, only a handful exist in this country, so he got done.

One last point, if you are going to commute or ride through camera zones, do it in black on a black bike, something common on the roads and get your face behind a tinted visor or screen, making you anonymous.

Ride safe everyone.

Reply to this Topic
iMarcus

Apr 08

iMarcus says:

to$$er!

So we're all targetted with new technology now - Thanks!

also shows the importance of having  your bike in a good state of repair, with all nuts & bolts present & correct - no matter how insignificant it may seem

Reply to this Topic
hughbastard

Sep 06

hughbastard says:

He was identified by the jacket

The video is on the BBC website and the officer states that the "criminal" was identified by wearing a green/black/grey Dainese jacket of which only 2 were imported into the UK. Hmmmm, I have a matching Dainese jacket and a green Kawasaki. I wonder where my court summons are?

Reply to this Topic
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Speed camera

You pillock :mad:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN