Skip to content

Ask an Expert Refactoring page topic... Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Refactoring page topic...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

john good  says:

Refactoring page topic...

...to proper hierarchy.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 October 2008 10:53)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
freudianis

Jan 10

freudianis says:

Well what did you think STOP meant?

Reply to this Topic
nomad

Aug 02

nomad says:

Tips

Researching your trip is an important part of the planning. However so to can just going off the cuff. For tips of riding in France I can recommend reading these tips which includes road signs and their meanings inFrance... http://www.ridersrest.eu/tips.aspx Enjoy France great roads massive country and very biker friendly!

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

the French way

France is a great country for riding a bike, I've been touring there since the mid 70s.  Unfortunately french friends tell me that the authorities are getting fed up with the number of british riders hopping over the channel to escape speed cameras and ride like idiots.  Traffic policing has certainly increased considerably within an hour or so of the channel ports to combat this phenomenon with a focus on British bikes/cars.  Unheard of even in the mid 2000s there are now speed cameras on the Autoroutes/Peages.

Unlike the UK on the spot fines are common, and if you can't pay you'll lose your bike.  The new breathalyser and hi-viz/reflective laws are also something to be aware of.  I don't know of any example of anyone falling foul of the 4 x refective stickers required on your helmet, but that's not to say someone hasn't/ won't. 

Just as in the UK police bikers are usually slightly pro bike, but don't push it!  They usually acknowledge other bikers, if not with the reverse V sign beloved by other french bikers and children.

Reply to this Topic
trumpet675

Mar 09

trumpet675 says:

Hi viz

Re the hi viz in France ,is this now compulsory? ,I thought they were just considering it !was thinking of riding down to Spain via France next may ,these twats that decided these rules really f!!!ck me off faceless little wankers making rules for us ,if they can't spot our headlights on then why bother looking for hi viz either,bollox to em all I'll save me money and nimble round uk instead ,

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

France

The requirement for Hi-viz has now been canned, as apparently has the fine for not carrying a breathalyser, although you still need to carry one! The AA website is a good source of info. France is great, lots of empty roads and most drivers are far more aware of bikers as they all started on mopeds at 14. Just don't be an idiot, you'll ruin your own holiday (on the spot fines and/or confiscation of your bike) and make it worse for everyone else.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices