Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jinx666

Oct 08

jinx666 says:

VFR400 NC24

I have a Honda VFR400 NC24.

I need to get hold of rear downpipes and connector box for my NC24. What is the difference between the NC21 and the NC24 rear downpipes/connector box and silencer connector pipe.

:wacko:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 October 2008 22:42)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

HONDA NC 24-21

Hi jinx666

As far as i can remember the 24 and 21 pipes are the same.Its been a long time since i changed a set.But i do know there is no way you can change the rear collector box without taking the engine out.Also watch out for the front exhaust studs, if they dont undo with ease then get some heat on them or they will snap as they are only 6mm not like the later 8mm ones.Which also snap easily if care is not taken.Check with dave silvers to make sure they fit.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/part_22696/

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Good Luck

K.C.and the sunshine band:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
jinx666

Oct 08

jinx666 says:

NC21/24 Downpipes

:laugh:Thanks very much for the info. Engine is already out and collector box is well and truley had it. Front down pipes were no problem coming out.

The rear downpipes and collector box are now on order.

Again thankyou very much.

JINX

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

try.....

dk spares, staffordshire, u.k.  your prob be sorted

Reply to this Topic
vfrnc21

Oct 08

vfrnc21 says:

vfr nc24

ive just sold a nc24 and i had to change the down pipes and collector box on that one to which i used the nc 30 cuz there the same exhurst system. ive got a nc21 doing now which i will be useing the same system on that aswel as ignition and a few other things so if any more problems plz feel free to email me

Reply to this Topic
harrybains

Aug 07

harrybains says:

Need a Collector Box

hello,
i have a problem.. i have an NC24 honda VFR400 (old i know) i need a spare Collector Box for it, iv read this topic and found out a lot of information, however i have recently tried to buy a NC24 Collector Box but i have had no luck in getting one, even with the URL's posted here.  can anyone help me solve this problem? thanks
harry.

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

phone d.k spares,

and ask them to hold on to the nxt one they get. otherwise take your knackered one to a bike zorst manufacturer, have a fat wallet ready, and ask em to make repairs / new one.

otherwise, get in touch with every breaker/ grey importer (though they are fewer now) and keep trying.

i cant believe there arnt a few of these bikes being broken still, with a solid collector box.:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Tabasco

May 09

Tabasco says:

Correct

it is an engine out job but if your an engineer like myself then look at it as a simple engineering problem and not a bike.

I changed my full nc21 system and have pics to prove and how i did it without so much as undoing a single engine mount bolt. I re desgined the system using a brand new collector so now i have a quick remove collector if it rots again leaving the down pipes in place. Lovely.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle