You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Whats best

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

zeppzed

Oct 05

zeppzed says:

Whats best

Hi i am looking to put new tyres on my bike. I just got this bike a few months ago its a Kawasaki ZX12R, and it seems because of the rear tyre size i have a limited choice. I had Michelin road 2 dual compounds on my ZZR1100 and was looking to fit the same to the ZX but can't get the size. Any ideas to which would be the best alternitive fitment with good grip and tread life
Cheers Stevie

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (12 October 2008 12:25)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

KAWASAKI ZX12

Hi Zep

If you are keeping the front tyre it would be best to match it to the rear.But if not, your bike has a 6'' rear rim so you can fit a 190 section tyre to your bike.I know it comes with a 200 section tyre as standard,but this will give you a better choice and Michelin do a 190 road 2 .So you can fit your preferred tyre if you want.You must check with your insurance if you do this as it may become an issue in a accident claim situation.Also check with a kawasaki main dealer and ask if its O.K. by them. Good Luck.

K.C.and the sunshine band:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
zeppzed

Oct 05

zeppzed says:

Whats Best

Hi KC
 Thanks for the input, Would probably prefer to stay with the 200 section tyre, as you say due to insurance dont want any probs in that department
Cheers Zep

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

What's best?

Bridgestone 021's are dual compound, and the new Avon sports tourer tyres are supposed to be the dog's etc, but I don't know if they do the size you need.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices