Skip to content

Discuss This More BMW quality issues Consumer news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Consumer news > More BMW quality issues

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

JOEDREDD13215

Oct 08

More BMW quality issues

I totally agree about the issues of BMW quality. My gs1200 was 3 months old when corrosion set in around footpegs but worst was to come. Around 4 months into ownership the fuel pump relays corroded and failed almost killing me and my pillion. BMW replaced the relays, and on checking i could see that the cover for the relays...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 October 2008 10:22)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

BMW

Well , you got a lot of feedback to your post , think everyone is a bit bored of this subject now , all very September isn't it !!

As you can tell from my user name i am a Triumph rider , i've had 5 in 14 years and 3 have had issues too , sometimes these things happen , get over it , there are plenty of satisfied BMW and Triumph owners out there.  All makes suffer problems if you bother looking at other makes on forums.   

Reply to this Topic
hairyMuppet

Dec 03

hairyMuppet says:

Trading Standards?

They may be very interested in a bike that bursts into flames.  Also try the CAB, seems like this bike is unfit for purpose and dangerous.  Keep a copy of all correspondence.

Reply to this Topic
jonmgoo

Jun 07

jonmgoo says:

Premium Brand??

Trumpet Triple, Sure other brands have occasional problems but BMW are charging big bucks for their bikes under the premis that its a premium  product. As ive stated before on other posts, BMW have admitted themselves that they have huge quality problems due to the success of Ewan & Charlie. BMW are throwing bikes out the door to meet demand & are now suffering big quality issues.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices