Skip to content

Discuss This ASDA cuts price of petrol to less than a pound Consumer news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Consumer news > ASDA cuts price of petrol to less than a pound

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Sarah Carnell  says:

ASDA cuts price of petrol to less than a pound

ASDA has cut the price of unleaded petrol to below a pound. Pro-bike petrol stations Anti-bike petrol stations The supermarket is now selling unleaded at 99.9p per litre, the lowest price this year. Some ASDA forecourts have started to decrease the price while all 170 will be down to 99.9p by tomorrow morning. ASDA last had prices below the £1 mark back in December...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 October 2008 10:05)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zephyrdave

Jul 08

zephyrdave says:

tax

Great news but I was intriuged by PM Gordon Brown demanding that fuel prices come down - perhaps cutting the ridiculous level of tax placed on fuel by the government would be a good start Gordon?

Reply to this Topic
daveball

Apr 04

daveball says:

Rip off

As the price of oil has come down by at least 40% in the last three months, i wonder why petrol prices havn't followed?. How much profit do you think the petrol companies will make this year?

While I'm at it didn't the energy companies say that thier prices followed the price of oil when the price was going up. They seem a bit quiet now.

They are talking about more transparency in the world of banking and stock markets while oil, gas and electricity companies are allowed to get away with murder (and that could be literaly when winter bites).

Also a big well done to all you gullable people who voted Boris in thinking that he might be telling the truth about bus lanes.

I feel better for that!

Happy Days!

Reply to this Topic
Stu749s

Oct 07

Stu749s says:

Fuel Rip off

I recently visited a friend up north & on my way home stopped at a Shell station to fill up.  The price was 107.p however, the station was clean out so I had to stop on the services on the M1.  It was also a Shell station but the price was 115.9p

How can the regulators just stand back & watch this blatant rip off carry on.  What possible excuse can the companies give us to justify 8p more a litre in stations that was no more than 9 miles apart.

Reply to this Topic
dinsbach

Feb 05

dinsbach says:

Surprise

It came as a surprise to me that my local BP station (within M25) charged 99.9p per litre today.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices