Skip to content

Products Pirelli Angel ST Sport Touring tyre to replace Diablo Strada in ’09 Tyres

You are in... Forums > Products > Tyres > Pirelli Angel ST Sport Touring tyre to replace Diablo Strada in ’09

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Rob Hull  says:

Pirelli Angel ST Sport Touring tyre to replace Diablo Strada in ’09

This isn’t a publicity stunt. In March 2009 you'll be able to buy your very own Pirelli motorcycle tyre with an angel or devil tread pattern on it! Motorcycle tyres for sale Pirelli revealed this teaser of their latest tyre due for next year at the Cologne Motorcycle Show that replaces the outgoing Diablo Strada. Product Manager for Pirelli, Federico Bodini told...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 October 2008 15:40)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Will they really work?

Or is it a H-D rider gimmick?

I wanna be an angel :-P

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Grip -v- Mileage

I would buy these, as long as they were as good (or better) than the Diablo Strada's. They give excellent grip, AND I can get upto 5500 miles out of one rear, on my ZZZZZZZR 600, mostly ridden with pillion too.

I'm not really too bothered about the fancy tread pattern (as long as it does it's prmary job well i.e GRIP in the wet), but they do look funky.

Reply to this Topic
Starman ZZR600

Apr 07

Gimmick?

Had this article have been released on April 1st, i have no doubt it would have raised a smile or too.

Surely Pirelli cant be serious?

I took the survey and like the majority would rather have a proper tread pattern, aa my '91 ZZR600 D was shod with Diablo's when i picked her up, the tyres were only slightly worn but the wet weather riding on multicompound rubber was horrendous.

By contrast i now use Avon Storm ST, and the difference is striking in Avons favour, and i don't ride like a novice,

Angel or Devil?, no Avon is Gods tyre lol.

Reply to this Topic
jocasaja

Aug 02

jocasaja says:

tread pattern

i have an 08 r6 with 6500 miles on it - and 4500 of those have been on stadas - i simply cannot afford and am not prepared to shell out for tyres every 2000miles. They are a bit 'stiff ' but otherwise seem to be fine - still got another couple of thousand in them. They have a pretty deep tread, and the pictures of the new ones seem to show a much shallower tread. They look a bit sportier but not sure about the devil angel thing. Is there anyone else out there who is running sport touring tyres on a 600 supersports

Reply to this Topic
f1reblade

Jun 05

f1reblade says:

We've known for years that the tread pattern isn't half as important than the compound of the tyre... It's going to be difficult to get that message out to the masses who will probably panic if they see a tyre that doesn't have "enough" tread... After all slicks are only for racing in the dry - Hmmm Rossi in China and Malasia riding in the rain on slicks....

Your pole shows that atleast 39% of bikers still think that the tread pattern "gives grip"

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Good Point F1reblade!

My conti road attacks have weird arc-shape tread pattern and looks terrible for riding in the wet but they are better than much more expensive tyres. But again, the tread depth on single compund tyres now make people decide a lot harder if they are goign to buy them or not. Speshly when dual compounders cost only 15% more, but offer upto 35% more milage on straights!

Of course no details of price and treads depth are a pause-for-reflection point.

Could be a classic case of "use-the-gimmick-to-shift-the-time-until-we-can-go-dual-compound" route.

Although, i do admit they look cool :-P and thats half the story when you do 900 miles a year .... init*.

(im guessing because i do 11000 on my sexy and super-cheap conti road attacks - just dont beleive Bike mag reviews, they are totally perfect for SV650s for peg-to-peg roundabout mischeif in the dry, toe-down in the wet and YESS, knee down in falling snow!!!! erm, officer)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices