You are in... Forums > General > General > wet roads

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fent

Oct 08

fent says:

wet roads

:hmmm:is it just me as a new rider, or do you feel uneasy on wet roads?im getting used to arriving at a corner break down get position and throttle out!! put wet into the equation an I shit myself!!from smooth ridin at say fifty mph to erratic even down to 15 mph on easy bends.. CAN I TRUST MY BIKE!!?:doubt:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 October 2008 20:43)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
lewtkw

Dec 08

lewtkw says:

same here

i am also a new rider (about 3 months now). and have come off several times on the recent ice but not on the wet roads which we see alot of here in south wales. i rode right through october and november during hevy rain. i didnt even think i might come off untill it got icy and taught me some painfull lessons lol.

since then i have felt this sort of 'slip' now and again in the wet, like the front wheel has slid a few inches to one side and then continued on, which makes me feel uneasy. is this normal in wet conditions?

should i just dismiss it as my mind playing tricks? or am i repeatedly close to coming off again?

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

hey mate

i have been riding going on for 6 months now and i m sorry to hear about the ice. I hit some ice twice on same journey coming home from work at 4.in morning , bu t i managed to save it thank good.

I think its because you rstarting to get a feel for the bike mate, or thats how i feel so you start picking up on things you may not have sensed before, hence why you can feel the bike moving around a bit.

some times minefeels like it slips in wet but nothing dangerous so i just caarry on , one even made me chuckle when i got on throttle a bit eager and back slid out sideways , that was fun seen as i didnt come off.

Reply to this Topic
Shakeyjake

Aug 08

Shakeyjake says:

Wet wet wet!

Just like Lucas Yamaha I've been riding for about 6 months. I've done as much research as I could and spoke to as many people as I could.

The sports riders hate the wet weather and avoid it (and dont ride in the winter).

Those without cars don't care about the wet (some not even the snow!).

My experience is that the wet is as much fun to ride in as the dry, its just different because I'm trying to ride in a different way.

And I don't get wet because my gear is waterproof :biggrin:.

My advice is to go out in the rain on purpose and enjoy it. Then the summer will be even better :tongue: !

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

i agree

with shakey its as much fun if not mor e fun riding in the wet , im not sure about snow and slush werent too keen when i went out in it as you brake but just keep going forwards:wacko:.

i know 2 people off this sit ethat ride sportsbikes and ride in rain etc fuzzrr and des

Reply to this Topic
mikekwaka

Oct 08

mikekwaka says:

wet days...

love em!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
fent

Oct 08

fent says:

mike

:winkie:thats fuckin mint!!!!

Reply to this Topic
mikekwaka

Oct 08

mikekwaka says:

ta!

:wink:

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

its all well and good...

on the track leanin in the wet etc.....fast, but some rd surfaces are slippery enough in the dry , and nobody wants to see their bike grinding down the rd on its side.

rather tiptoe than see bits of the bike over the wet rd:sunglasses:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

and mikekwaka

yep...cool pick! take it yer usin race wets!!!:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy