Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

terraway

Oct 08

terraway says:

derbi terra panniers

Hi everyone
I would just like to know if anyone could share any information on where i can purchase aluminum panniers for my derbi Terra, as i have searched but with no results.
Any info would be great.
thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 October 2008 20:48)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Alexlebrit

Oct 08

Alexlebrit says:

You can't

Well Ok you can buy panniers no problem, there's a whole bunch of manufacturers out there making them.
The problem is the luggage racks, I've just been on the phone to Derbi in Spain and despite what the website says about them being available as an option for the Terra Adventure, they're not, and it doesn't look like they will be for the forseable future. Looks like the only option is to either make our own, or get some made for us.

So, I'm off to a guy who custom makes luggage racks this weekend to find out if it's possible (looks like it should be) and how much they'll cost. If you'd like I'll ask how much for two, or if we can find enough people who want them perhaps we can make up a bulk order?

Mail me at hils101 at hotmail dot com if you wanna get in touch.

Reply to this Topic
jossmureddu

Dec 05

jossmureddu says:

Touratech Panniers

Alexlebrit was right sadly, the panniers are available (but they're pricey - consider plastic ones if you're on a budget) but according to my local Derbi dealer there's a slight difference between the two frames (Terra and Terra Adventure) and as such the Adventure racks won't fit onto the Terra without modification.

Kinda sucks, the Terra has that BMW GS Adventure look going on too.

Consider some canvas throw-overs for the time being, they're not too bad.

Good luck in your search for all things metal and boxy...

:smile

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP

:mellow:?????

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/acatalog/Available_Sizes_.html

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/

Just click on the site above to view

K.C.

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Metal Mule

were supplying mounting frames for their panniers as a do it yourself kit i.e. weld or bolt suitable bars/tubing from frame to the bike, Touratech may also be worth looking at (but pricier generally). Hepco and Becker used to supply stuff for fairly obscure stuff like Gilera Nordwest/RC600 so maybe them. Some of the BMW GS ers used to use some hexagonal looking boxes don't remember what make they were. If you have to custom make something, best get it checked and signed off by an engineer for insurance purposes.

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Just tried

looking at Derbi website, gave me headache, bikes won't keep stil!!:wacko::huh:

Reply to this Topic
Alexlebrit

Oct 08

Alexlebrit says:

I might be able to help.

I got the Alpos cases and then made up a frame myself, it's the only solution as NO-ONE makes a pannier frame for the T/A.

My guess is the big luggage makers reckon no-one's going to spend £500-1000 on baggage for a £2999 learner bike. Bit sad really.

I've just sourced a syuitable aluminium box for a topbox, made by the same people who make those Alpos panniers on bikebitz, and it should be FAR cheaper than anything by Touratech, MetalMule etc. Am waiting for it to arrive so I can work out how to fit it on without just drilling a bunch of holes.

If anyone's interested in pannier racks or topbox let me know and we can try and work something out.

Reply to this Topic
carcomm

Jun 09

carcomm says:

Derbi Terra Adventure Panniers

Hi, I'm also after Pannier frames (and panniers) suitable for a 2009 T.A. Any info would be very welcome.

Reply to this Topic
carcomm

Jun 09

carcomm says:

Derbi Terra Adventure Panniers

Still looking! I've got a pair of TAs now & need pannier mountings for both of them. Anyone managed to find or fabricate anything suitable?

Reply to this Topic
Flanker37

Oct 10

Flanker37 says:

hijack thread

I would like to bring this back to the attention of the masses.

I am very interested in this bike it will prepair me over the next 2 years whilst i have my CBT to save up for & get the bike a really want a Tiger 800.

So has anyone found a ready make pannier rack for the Terra Advernture yet?

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Thissite below

http://www.heavyduties.ro/indexe.html

may be some use, they seem able to do most stuff :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale