Skip to content

Discuss This SHARP? I want real life! Consumer news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Consumer news > SHARP? I want real life!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

roy  says:

SHARP? I want real life!

sharp test?? i will take my lead on helmet testing from the men i see testing helmets in front of my eyes ie shinya nakano, one of the fastest crashes I've seen. not to mention the hundreds of big offs that happen in moto gp, wsb, wss, bsb & bss. These men are testing in real life at speeds i will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (20 October 2008 14:24)

Post a message in Consumer news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jonmgoo

Jun 07

jonmgoo says:

Real life??

I really dont think you can compare the race track conditions with real life on the roads, The roads are far more dangerous than any track, for example how many race tracks have kerbs, lamp posts, parked cars.........etc most of the crashes ive seen in Moto GP, WSB & BSB  none of the riders heads ie helmets came into contact with anything. The only recent crash ive seen when the race riders head did make contact with anything significant was Jonesy tragic accident at Brands Hatch this year. Ive said on other posts regarding this topic, if the expensive helmets where far superior then they should outperform cheaper lids in any & all tests, SHARPS prove expensive lids offer no more protection than "some" cheaper brands.

Reply to this Topic
sharpbanana

May 06

sharpbanana says:

SHARP

I agree that you are probably getting a better, more hi-tec, lighter comfier cooler etc helmet if you pay top money and go for a MotoGP replica, but the beauty of SHARP testing and others like it is that if you can't afford £500 for a helmet, then you know which of the cheaper options you should be looking at. It doesn't pay to rubbish stringent product testing that is designed to help inform and protect the consumer. Especially one concerned with such an important product!

I find helmets are like flashy wrist watches though... you rarely go back down the price ladder only up!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices