Skip to content

Discuss This Crook tries to cash-in on Craig Jones tragedy Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > Crook tries to cash-in on Craig Jones tragedy

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Crook tries to cash-in on Craig Jones tragedy

A swindler has demanded cash from racer Craig Jones' mum for a helmet stolen from her dead son. When Yvonne Jones refused to pay, the swindler told the grieving mum: 'Craig is better off dead than near you.' Friends of Mrs Jones spotted the helmet on eBay days after Craig’s fatal World Supersport crash at Brands Hatch on August 3....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (22 October 2008 15:08)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
teuma86

Oct 08

teuma86 says:

Tell Ebay

I have reported this item as stolen on Ebay

If enough people do something, action may be taken.

Everyone, report the item as stolen

Reply to this Topic
Kraig1967

Oct 08

Kraig1967 says:

Craigs helmet

This was listed and the original auction was sabotaged until he removed it, then he relisted it soon after. He offered it me for £5000 twice.

Well done to all the folks at Superbike forums for bringing this to the public attention, especially Sheep n Choccy, keep up the pressure guys. This scumbag will not win.

Reply to this Topic
grahamjayzee

May 06

grahamjayzee says:

I agree with teuma86; I've just reported it as stolen on Ebay. Let's put  the pressure on. If we all watch it and keep doing so as soon as it is relisted, it will soon be worthless to the scumbag who is trying to capitalise on it.

Reply to this Topic
ginge74

Apr 08

ginge74 says:

Just reported it as stolen as well.

It's currently listed at £10,000,000.00 , so i'm guessing it's not going to sell anyway... shame.

still hope the guy dies soon.

Reply to this Topic
gixxer3quarter

May 08

what a tosser

copy of the email i just sent the seller.

What sort of a human are you?
If you had even an ounce of decency in your whole body you would do the right thing and give this "stolen" helmet back to the rightful owners Craig Jones greving parents.
But as you wont one can only assume that you are not worthy to be called a human being.
Please do prove me wrong and return the helmet to the rightful owners.
Yours
A True Jonsey Fan.

Reply to this Topic
ginge74

Apr 08

ginge74 says:

However

Having just read the thread on superbike forums it seems MCN/ Steve Farrell are almost as bad in their callous disinterest in the facts of this story and what superbike forum members were trying to acheive.

Read sheepdip's comments on page 12

http://www.superbikeforums.co.uk/index.php/topic,33721.165.html

Reply to this Topic
CaroG

Jan 06

CaroG says:

Disappointing

Firstly, well done Superbikeforums  'friends'!!! Credit should be given publicly for what you tried to achieve.

Secondly, it appears the only time Ebay are able to comply by their own rules is when the person who's stolen goods have been listed has the name Beckham and a multi million pound bank account.

Finally, MCN, how disappointing to totally disregard the very people who alerted you to this story in the first place and who hoped that by raising this issue in the public eye would be able to stop this thief once and for all, perhaps even securing the helmet for.  I think it will now be lost forever. Thankfully Craig's mother Yvonne at least knows who tried to help her.

Pebbs

Reply to this Topic
green636

Jan 03

green636 says:

ebay

MCN, wake up and get off you high horse...

Bugger, I couldnt even get in of the silly bidding when the previous bids were wiped by the piece of shit 'selling' it...shame ;-)

Keep going all :-)

Reply to this Topic
rimotu66

Oct 02

rimotu66 says:

This was his last reply to me before it got took off egay again. Can anyone translate for me?

Respect the interlocutor. The geek

- eduardich

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Definition - but can't see the connection!

in·ter·loc·u·tor  (ntr-lky-tr)

n.
1. Someone who takes part in a conversation, often formally or officially.
2. The performer in a minstrel show who is placed midway between the end men and engages in banter with them.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices