Skip to content

Discuss This Crook tries to cash-in on Craig Jones tragedy Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > Crook tries to cash-in on Craig Jones tragedy

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Crook tries to cash-in on Craig Jones tragedy

A swindler has demanded cash from racer Craig Jones' mum for a helmet stolen from her dead son. When Yvonne Jones refused to pay, the swindler told the grieving mum: 'Craig is better off dead than near you.' Friends of Mrs Jones spotted the helmet on eBay days after Craig’s fatal World Supersport crash at Brands Hatch on August 3....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (22 October 2008 15:08)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jocasaja

Aug 02

jocasaja says:

Craigs' Helmet

Couldnt RIch Art make an exact replica to keep the collection complete for his mum

Reply to this Topic
rmushet

Aug 08

rmushet says:

mcn

well done for screwing it up MCN. the guys on superbike forum actually cared about getting the helmet back. you just cared about getting the story.

Reply to this Topic
cmhe18

Oct 08

cmhe18 says:

dont blame mcn

please do not start to blame mcn for anything,craigs mum was the 1st to do something about the helmet,and another friend of yvonne,dj,got the address of the tosser that has the helmet,so please dont start to say that mcn has cocked it up because they have not,perhaps they did only want the story,but at least more people know about the helmet now,i have spoke to claire(choccy sbf) she knows who i am,but that lowlife had no intention of giving it back before mcn did the story,there are a lot of people involved in this,so please dont blame anyone only the lowlife that stole the helmet in the 1st place.lets not make it about anything else other than the helmet,thanks.. 

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Jun 07

Anonymous says:

Latvian arsewipe

Listen all, have been playing internet detective to track down eduardich & helmet.

Found 2 russian/latvian biker forums one where he even gives his phone number...

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://sinus.vl.ru/forum/member.php%3Fu%3D2222

One where there is a photo of what looks to be a turd on a VT1100 or similar

http://www.blackbears.ru/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1085&sid=3c7ea50d7db46df95508ea32baeebf78

Also found this latvian photobucket type thing with lots of his photos.

This could be his bike...

http://fotki.lv/eduardich/comments_20622805/

Does this look like the back of a stormtrooper helmet to anyone else or am I just getting carried away? Diferent number plate but still.

http://fotki.lv/eduardich/comments_23501148/

Anyone got any friend in Latvia???

Reply to this Topic
rmushet

Aug 08

rmushet says:

ho hum

as far as i can see, mcn had the oppurtunity to do something in this situation, but just filled a gap in an issue that was low on news.

maybe if motorcycle racer, or any other publication for that matter, were contacted about something like this they may have tried to do something about it, instead of printing a needless story.

good detective work anonymous, but it all seems a bit futile, us being so far from latvia...

Reply to this Topic
adhocltd

Aug 02

adhocltd says:

United we stand

rmushet you are right and wrong. We are a long way from Latvia but Latvians are not!! Bikers now need to do what bikers around the world do best and look out for each other. Jonesy was a biker and you know he did and would move heaven and earth to help another biker. Well his mother needs that help now and I think is our duty and privilege to try and do for her what he no longer can. There must be bikers in the UK who know bikers in Latvia. He says his name is not his real name but his "road name".therefore he goes on road trips. Pictures of the Latvian chapter of the Angels are on the website I have put up. There must be Angels here who know Angels in Latvia. Someone can do something surely. I've tried to do my small part, can anyone else take up the gauntlet this scumbag has thrown down to us??
The public are always condemning us, the police are worse than useless so we need to do this for ourselves.
Keep it shiny side up guys and may your road always be longer in front of you than it is behind you.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices