Skip to content

Ask an Expert Classic bike insurance buying guide Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Classic bike insurance buying guide

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Classic bike insurance buying guide

To get the best value classic bike insurance, there are a few basic tips and tricks to learn if you're one of those currently dreaming of a cool 60s, 70s or 80s classic motorcycle. Use MCN Compare to get mutliple quotes in minutes: motorcycle insurance The good news is that classic bike insurance is usually much more affordable than for a typical modern bike, and understanding...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (24 October 2008 16:50)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Thunderbird6T

Apr 09

Classic Bike Insurance

Two comments concerning your article. Whilst you may never ride your motorcycle on the road, if you even push it across a pavement, or take it to a show, or use it in trials or other events where the public has access - then it is imperative that you have Third Party insurance. This means getting a certificate of insurance from your Insurer or Broker. The problem can be that the bike may not have an MOT, nor have a road fund licence - nor even number plates! The only firm that I know of who can handle that is Lynbrook Insurance - who will also insure most motorcycles BUILT (not necessarily registered) in 1994 or older.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i was told to get on to classic insurances you had to be over 24 so i be putting my bike on to classic insurances next year

Reply to this Topic
KiraShannen

Jan 12

KiraShannen says:

It's a relief to find out that the bikes made in 1982 are also included in the classic motorcycle insurance. As I've been saying to my friend John Studzinski, if my bike is the same age I am, we should both be recognized as classics. I can't wait to get a good insurance quote.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices