You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Triumph 675 oil usage

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Rich748

May 03

Rich748 says:

Triumph 675 oil usage

Hi all, thinking of swapping my '07 R6 for a 675, and wondered if there are any known reliablility issues - apart from the high oil usage?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (25 October 2008 14:18)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

rich748

a friend had one, then went for new r6. he wished he had kept 675, and wants it back!  triumph are well sorted now, the dealers are great, the bikes draw more crowds than jap stuff. i recently got one of the last early shape 955i, and in yellow....its the best bike i have ever ridden. love it. buy brit!!:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
675ryda

Dec 08

675ryda says:

Daytona 675

Have owned 675 for nearly a year, best thing I ever did! So much fun, no problems yet and have given it many a thrashing round local and over the Isle Of Man. It loves it on the mountain!!!!!...Power delivery is so smooth, handling so light and brakes so F***ing good...Looks the part, sounds the part and rides faultless. Yes it drinks a bit of oil but I am a bit dry after a good thrashing!! Buy one its a no brainer if you ask me...

:blink::lol::shock: The crazy gang approve.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Oil use

To cure the oil useage problem, you could run it in on CHEAP MINERAL oil. Then replace it with the synthetic oil Triumph recomend.

Oil gets used in new bikes as they run them on synthetic straight from the crate. This means the rings/bore don't actually bed-in properly. You NEED cheap oil to bed an engine in.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices