Skip to content

Discuss This The clip speed camera bosses and the BBC wouldn’t allow us to see Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > The clip speed camera bosses and the BBC wouldn’t allow us to see

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

The clip speed camera bosses and the BBC wouldn’t allow us to see

Video said to show speed cameras causing crashes has been obtained by MCN after the BBC and camera bosses refused to supply it. Two clips show cars crashing due to sudden braking as drivers realise they are being targeted by a speed camera. The BBC reporter says of one: “He jams on his brakes when he sees the speed truck, smacks...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (27 October 2008 16:11)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dr Mengle

Apr 03

Dr Mengle says:

Definately not 137 mph

Having just watched the film, I am at a loss to see how the motorcyclist could have been doing the alleged 137 mph. I have been investigating collisions for many years now, and part of the equation is working out speeds from evidence that is present. Without knowing wether the film is video or digital and other factors, I would not be able to put a speed to the incident.

The posture of the motorcyclist is wrong for a start for the speed claimed, and the following vehicle is actually gaining on the M/C. Certainly doesn't look like a bend that you could take at nearly 200 feet per second!! 

Reply to this Topic
colinliamgsxr

Nov 08

I think the officer should be atleast suspended! as he enjoyed it as much as collins! this is just a way for the officer to do excessive speeds legaly! there was no way that it was safe to follow him without his blues n twos! ok he should bite the bullet but like collins said there was someone caught with £1500 worh of class A drugs and got less its a discrase! us bikers are just an easy target for the authority! :@

Reply to this Topic
metalyoshi

Apr 04

metalyoshi says:

cameras

how anybody can deny ppl brake when they c cameras, an cause accidents is beyond me, of course they do. road deaths in this country arent gonna get any lower an its stupid 2 pretend they wil, gotta expect some casualties for the billions of miles travelled, harsh as it is if yr 1 of them. target cdangerous overtakin, or ppl starin into the fields if u want 2 make travellin safer, but u cant do that with cameras can ya?

Reply to this Topic
darkeneddream

Sep 06

Speeding

It's ok for police officers/ministers to speed, they'll get away with it or at least when they do get caught, ministers will probably claim the fines off to their expenses, so they won't have to fork out any of their earnings.  Its one rule for them, one for us.

I'm not doubting in some areas speed cameras probably have done justice and saved lives, especially around schools but just the fact they are sometimes used in places where there's no record of accident blackspots is beyond me and gets right up my tits.

Reply to this Topic
puck67

Nov 07

puck67 says:

hmmm

Sure the motorcycle was doing 137mph , bullshit

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle