Skip to content

Discuss This Vigilante biker reports speeders to police Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > Vigilante biker reports speeders to police

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Vigilante biker reports speeders to police

A vigilante motorcyclist has revealed how he rides dead on the speed limit, films bikers who overtake and hands the footage to police. Riding instructor Jeff Smith uses a helmet-mounted camera to film continuously for up to three hours while riding his ex-police Honda Pan European. The 62-year-old from Southampton said: “I record all the idiots that, while I’m doing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 October 2008 10:18)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
prassart

Aug 05

prassart says:

Vigilante biker reports speeders to police

Mr Smith, if you really want to catch lawbreakers you should have joined the police,or did you try and cannot handle the fact you were rejected.I think you are an insecure idiot,and hope you get nicked by one of MY mates next time you break the law. G Askham

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

S'alright

he's a well-ignored nut job round here. BTW, impersonating a police officer is a criminal offence, Mr Smith.

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

What a wonderful advert for his 'training school'.

He really is an idiot of the first order.

Is he trying to seriously say he always obeyed traffic laws when he was a courier?

As an overweight, middle aged Pan European rider myself I hope I don't get tarred with the same brush as this knobhead.

And as his 'evidence' is purely subjective not even Brunstrom would pursue a prosecution based on it.

Still, he's kindly given us his contact details...........

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

Get a hobby

I'm betting there's a bin full of DVDs down the local Police station. Unless of course his Pan has been properly calibrated the videos prove nothing other than he's wasting Police time, and his own. I bet he's one of those loonies who stands around in hi-viz jackets pointing hairdryers at cars too. Jesus, get a hobby.

Reply to this Topic
david coupland

Jul 08

Are you for real?

Anyone having lessons with this bloke wants to cancel them, he might teach you to pass your test and then be the reason you have to re-take it after being reported to the police.

His own worst enemy I think? Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
treeman01kev

Oct 08

treeman01kev says:

idiot vigilante

This chap smith is a BILLY NO MATES ,he always rides by his self .When he goes to the bike cafes he prays on people that don't know what he's up to. What he is doing is checking over their bikes to report them to the police if anything is wrong. He rides alot around the A272 and the A31. So watch out dudes road capitan is out to get you.  

Reply to this Topic
kawasakibiker

May 07

As bad as the Police are at Public Relations...

:lol: I'm sure it would help them come across much better after this ANAL PASSAGE Smith has sent his collection of light entertainment over ot them!!!!

Surely even the Police think there are better ways to tackle speeding and bad driving than this idiot!!!! :mad:

Does anyone know an e-mail address or anything or where he rides? We could bombard him with spam and follow the nut job around everywhere filming him.

I really hate this type of 'Do-Gooder' who thinks they are above everything and don't realise they have serious mental issues that won't be solved by video footage alone. He's a dick and who says he hasn't got his bike running a dodgy speedo just to entrap people further? :shock:

One very positive thing to come from this the fact he's 62 years old and will inevitably die soon leaving behind a legacy of blank DVD's and unseen footage of some riders even doing crazy stunts like eating road side burgers or smoking cigarrettes!!!!!!!

The shame of it all.:biggrin::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boneyfide

Feb 03

boneyfide says:

vigilante biker reports speeding biker to police

:lol: what a complete balloon this guy is. not withstanding the damage he is doing to his own business by being such a knobhead its great to see he will make himself the target for every motorist who gets done. Would like to see the police actually do anyone with the footage .He probably only started motorcycle training so he could ride around on a white bike pretending to be a copper.All motorcyclists and dealers in the area should reccomend any training school other than this guys.

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

Weirdo

So I take it his Ex Police Pan has it's speedo regularly calibrated? No I thought not... Yet again we see another dimwit who's succumbed to a load of government twaddle that speed causes every accident imaginable... Oh and I do hope he rides that bike in something a little more sensible than that clobber...

Reply to this Topic
Chromatic

Jul 04

Chromatic says:

An anorak with nothing better to do!

What a misguided, narrow minded kn*bhead. I hope this sad police wannabe gets his course boycotted by local newbe bikers, now that would be real justice in action.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices