Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Obama elected

Thank G:smiled!

Bush is going (along with all the pompous arrogance) ...... at last! :smile

Dawn of a new era .... there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Congrats to America for ignoring the colour issue and picking the right man. :winkie:  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (05 November 2008 08:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
KWAK6ftRider

Jun 04

KWAK6ftRider says:

Tazzer

*points and laughs at tazzer*

Tis I l'clair *lifts glasses*

Reply to this Topic
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

Kwak

Ahhhhh so it was :lol:

humble apologies to pinty :smile

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Don't get too excited

He's still a US president so he'll do what's right for the US first.

His colour will make following some avenues more difficult too.  He can't be seen as some sort of dark angel, he needs to be seen to be acting very fairly.

Reply to this Topic
Monkeynutcase

Oct 08

Was up

with my American housemate watchin the coverage (yeah, booooooring, I know, but was a once-in-a-lifetime election, eh?!) and when they announced at about 4am that Obama had passed the finish line it was time to crack open the Freizenet, hic! :biggrin: It was such an awesome moment, and to see that crowd of 10s of thousands in Chicago and others throughout the States going bezerk was very moving. Yeah, it's amazing that a black man is heading for the White House, but I think there's never been a better time for an African American to symbolise change for the positive than right now; after 8 years of crappy Republican neo-con warmongering buffoonery from W, could they really let McCain in??? Jeez, Obama has got his work cut out for him, but this whole thing will definitely change a lot of people's opinions of Amercans for the better, and that can only be good, huh???

And I have to agree, there are a few strange comments on this thread, of the "I'm not racist but..." variety, tut tut! lolol! :lol::lol::lol:

Monk xx

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Last night

America put it's hopes before it's prejudices.:smile:smile:smile

If there is a heaven ...I hope Martin L.K. is watching this day . :winkie:

'I look forward confidently to the day when all who work for a living will be one with no thought to their separateness as Negroes, Jews, Italians or any other distinctions. This will be the day when we bring into full realization the American dream -- a dream yet unfulfilled. A dream of equality of opportunity, of privilege and property widely distributed; a dream of a land where men will not take necessities from the many to give luxuries to the few; a dream of a land where men will not argue that the color of a man's skin determines the content of his character; a dream of a nation where all our gifts and resources are held not for ourselves alone, but as instruments of service for the rest of humanity; the dream of a country where every man will respect the dignity and worth of the human personality.'

- Martin Luther King Jnr.

It's been a shitty start to this century ..... but today.. maybe, just maybe... the 'tide is turning'. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Monkeynutcase

Oct 08

Aww let's hope so Kam...

Y'know, it's a wonderful thing to experience a major event that's so positive and full of promise, at long last! I'm way too young to remember Nelson Mandela being released, the Berlin wall falling, etc, and for most of my teens and up til now there's been nothing but shit happenin!!! :blink:

The only way is up from here, huh??? :biggrin:

Monk xx

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Monkeynutcase

The only way is up from here, huh???

Yep, We still got some difficult times ahead (recession etc.)  .... but at least now we have hope.:winkie: 

You got to believe it ...the world is a better place today that it was yesterday.:smile 

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

The tide is turning ---

http://en.netlog.com/go/explore/videos/videoid=2043420 

I lived through the cold war years stationed in Germany with the RAF Regiment in the full knowledge that if the shit hit the fan & the russians came at us the Sqn was effectively written off, our estimated life span on engaging with them was about 14 mins. Gorbachov is the only man in the world I actually admire in any depth, for his bravery in realising the world was slipping inexorably towards a global nuclear war & doing something to stop it, he nearly lost his life for it but sense prevailed --- just. I hope Obama has half of his bravery because he's got his work cut out, there's still prejudice aplenty in th US, I've seen in Florida on holiday when black workers in our hotels wouldn't look at me & only when I spoke to them & they realised I was english did they open up, look me in the eye & speak properly & freely.

Waters did the 'Wall' thing on the site of the old Berlin wall & that's when the tide began to turn, when the wall came down. Thing is though tyrants are always waiting in the wings everywhere, --- "The beast is dead but beware the bitch that bore him is in heat again" --- Russia is once again in the ascendance with Putin at the helm so Obama has his work cut out, Putins boys will already have been looking for his weakness's, good luck to him & GOOD RIDDANCE TO BUSH !

Reply to this Topic
peter rabbit

Nov 02

peter rabbit says:

interesting debate

Good luck to Barack Obama: A new, young, Democrat US President

There was also a similar first this past weekend:

Good luck to Lewis Hamilton: A new, young, and British formula One World Champion.

Wab

Reply to this Topic
Des_Fireblade

Apr 08

Yep....

its a good result!.

Unfortunately, there will be no new age (or any of the other rhetoric that has been used). It will be the same old USA......the country is big, fuel thirsty & quite unaware of the rest of the world. That burden coupled with wanting to keep power will see the new president go as the others did....maybe the odd spark of genius, but plenty of the same. There will be more wars/invasions...it will just be encapsulated in different speak....watch this space!. :wacko:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices