Skip to content

Discuss This Ban motorcycles? What about... Politics & the law

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Politics & the law > Ban motorcycles? What about...

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Graham Sims  says:

Ban motorcycles? What about...

Just recently hundreds of hedonistic persons went joy walking across the lake district. They were people acting selfishly, without a thought for other persons that would have to pay for rescue services to help them out when their irresponsible activities caused them to get into great difficulties. Is it not time ACPO suggested that persons wishing to access the fells...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 November 2008 15:20)

Post a message in Politics & the law

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Could be down to the grass!

Reply to this Topic
missdaisy001

Nov 08

missdaisy001 says:

riding in the rain

Firstly, the likelyhood of bikes being banned is extremely low and it seems people are becoming hysterical over a newspaper article that is only partially true.  If I genuinely believed that motorcycling would become illigal then I too would be as enraged as everyone else but I take this "news" with a big pinch of salt.  Banning biking is not a feasable option so I am not going to stress over it when I could be out in the glorious rain enjoying what I enjoy.  Riding my bike.

I agree with the horses and hill walker comments though.  Both can be dangerous and scary things if not done correctly.

Reply to this Topic
sallison30

Mar 08

sallison30 says:

missdaisy001, I wish I had your optimism. I have been around long enough to remember when Britain was a free country. Since then, I have seen more and more restriction introduced literally by the day. The Government is NOT interested in yours or anyone else's safety, they are interested in total control. The way they achieve that is to turn everyone into robots. Anyone that has an interest different to the masses will be and have in the past been targeted. Look at the effort they went to to ban fox hunting which is not really a significant issue. They went ahead and banned it regardless of public opinion. Since I started riding a bike in 1982, I have seen cameras appear on every street corner. I have seen a ban on smoking, fox hunting, freedom of speech and the list goes on and on. Unfortunately, all this has happened because we let it. The only reason evil can prevail is if good men (sorry people, even the use of a gender specific word has been banned) do nothing.

Reply to this Topic
JSYBOY

Jun 08

JSYBOY says:

I dont slow down for horses as they do not shit on the roads for me

Reply to this Topic
kawa7900

Oct 08

kawa7900 says:

It never  ceases to amaze me to how much horse shit can come from some members of the police and the goverment on motorcycles. When is some one with some grey matter that can see sense and comunicate well with us going to come forward . I really do think this country is getting run with mini hitlers with hidden ajendas.

Reply to this Topic
puck67

Nov 07

puck67 says:

Disagree about the hill walkers, well equipped, well trained and in control, And there were no casualties, Now that sounds like a lot of motorcyclists I know, Life I beleive is about controlled risk, The powers that be could learn a lot from well prepared hill walkers, prior planning and prerperation prevents piss poor performance, govt... please take note !! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices