Ask an Expert Hi Viz Jacket Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Hi Viz Jacket

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Rocker66

Jan 03

Rocker66 says:

Hi Viz Jacket

Hi I realise this may make me seem like a B.O.F.(I'm only 61:biggrin:) but can anyone recommend a good Hi Viz jacket. I commute 75 miles a day all the year around (never had a car) much of which is on the M20 with all the foreign HGVs travelling to/from the Channel Ports/Tunneland anything that helps with safety is a bonus

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (14 November 2008 17:18)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dickymint1964

Aug 07

Dullvile and pan riders

hi guys, take a look here, good site and nice bunch.

http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/

minty

Reply to this Topic
RedLion

Dec 08

RedLion says:

Hi Viz Jackets

Hi Rocker66,

I wear a black HG Cruise Jacket in the winter and started off with the builders lightweight velcro fastening jacket over my HG.  Even behind a fairing, the velcro lets go and it ends up flapping about. Even though I fitted press studs the rain goes right through it.

I then bought an ex-police hi-hiz jacket from ebay.  Just the ticket - again wore it over my HG my only mistake was that I should have gone for a shorter bomber style cut as the longer coat flaps about at m/way speeds.

I've settled on an Arco Bomber Jacket - I tuck the collar in and it suits me perfectly. Full length zip, zipped pockets, it's lined but not padded and keeps the worst of the weather off my HG.

Best of all, car drivers see me sooner, makes filtering in town so much easier and safer.

Hope this helps.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PanPilot

Jan 06

PanPilot says:

New HG jacket..

Just got HG's latest e-mail, they are doing a new high viz called the 'Daylite', looks good for £150 (limited offer).
Incidentally, the Dickie's bomber has a zip and press stud overflap (or at least, mine has). No flapping at all. Even at 190mph, flat down over the tank on my Pan. Honest.

Reply to this Topic
Duff one

Jan 08

Duff one says:

hi viz

I got a good motorcycle hi viz on the internet from

icu ucme for 15 quid

I was fed up with cars pulling out on me

Reply to this Topic
bikermann

Jan 09

bikermann says:

Hi-viz overjacket with sleeves

If your still looking for a Hi-viz jacket with sleeves that will go over your present jacket, how about one of these.

Overjacket Scroll down to motorcycle jackets, overjacket  13.19

Reply to this Topic
david2518

Dec 08

david2518 says:

hi-vis

Try hivizextras.co.uk- bought a long sleeve velcro one from them about 4/5 months ago. Still is pretty bright if you wash it about once a month and has good strong velcro. 

Reply to this Topic
RSTweed

Mar 09

RSTweed says:

Viz

If you had seen the car/bike/van collision I saw you would be unconcerned about looking like a copper's bike Rocker! 

A 50mph side impact into a car, then being deflected into an oncoming van made that rider look pretty awful, though by a small miracle he actually stood up, albeit for a second or so, before being shipped off to hospital. I suspect a broken arm or shoulder was the worst injury he got.

I've ridden for 40 plus years, and still do good miles as often as I can, and have seen some pretty bad examples of the "sorry, I didn't see you" car and van driver, so I say wear it bright whatever you look like!

They do say that pride comes before a fall.

Reply to this Topic
haripotter12

Dec 10

haripotter12 says:

abercrombie jackets

If you are also one of those people, who love to pick the best and most trendy jackets, then you should get your hands on Abercrombie jackets. They are designed perfectly to the body shape of your body.

------------------------
abercrombie jackets

Reply to this Topic
DonnieBenDonnie

Dec 10

Visible

Hi There!

The Visual Protection thing as it makes you visible

therefore protects you, At Night. I could recommend a product which I still own and use. However there are so many High Visual Reflector Jackets Riding gear and stuff the choices are aboundant.  It has been my opinion that this jacket reflective gear works better for the motorcyclist in the darkness of the night time. Maybe unless you can find a bright fluorescent orange or something, a color that is brighter for the better. Now that's all well and good, or enough to establish the warm and fuzzies or a good feel for having that level of protection. Now they make designer jackets with those reflective materials etched on the jackets and vests. They look good and are made for fashion and designs, logos etc.  So that during the day they look ordinary, yet at night they are very bright as they reflect light that comes off of them. So I monitor my riding habits; if I ride the day time I don't need hi viz, only if I'm stuck outside riding when darkness falls. Also I have witnessed reflective tape where they stick on the rear of panniers black on black, yet at night when the light from the traffic is shown then they are not black they are bright as heck.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices