Skip to content

General Even more draconian anti-speeding measures. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Even more draconian anti-speeding measures.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Even more draconian anti-speeding measures.

F*ck! Here we go again. :mad: 

Apparently 90+ on a motorway will class you with all the excessive 'anti-social drivers' (drunk and drugged whilst driving). 6 points and automatic ban if caught twice.  

It's a good job I don't have my Busa anymore ..... 180 on a motorway would probably be punishable with an on-the-spot roadside execution. :wacko: 

When are these idiots going to look at the whole picture . Speed in itself is not the real problem. It's speeding in the wrong conditions. ie. I am probably safer at 90 on a dry, clear motorway than some muppet doing 60 in the fog and wet on a country A road. :mad: 

Info here :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7738919.stm

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (20 November 2008 08:31)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Quicksilverwing

Apr 08

SPEED

Funny how these draconian measures have appeared when the government is about to borrow god knows how many billions to cut our taxes!!:wacko:

Call me a cynic but I am smelling an election coming soon, Mr B(that's bloody) Brown thinks he is the hero of the hour.:roll eyes:

So what better than to appeal to the anti bike, car, or anything with an engine, left wing liberals.:mad:

It's working too, because people believe that the number of accidents are all caused by speed, they are not 1/3 of accidents are speed related, which means 2/3 ARE NOT!! mmmm interesting.:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

dear me

you can't expect poor old Brownie to give £50,000,000,000 to the Banks and not want to get at least some of it back quick......Stuhp,are you jumping ship and going  as an assylum seeker,or will you have to go thro' a rigorous application process to gain entry to the Country of your choice?:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

As if the lies weren't blatant enough

re speed cameras  todays announcement on rail fare increases exposes the pure cynicism of the 'speeding laws'  between 6% & 11% increases without the promised improvements to rail travel. So what happened to getting us off the congested roads & onto other means of transport ? EASY MONEY ! make rail travel less attractive, then intoduce new speeding laws, more fines, JOB DONE ! How thick does this moronic bunch think we are ?

The last time we used the trains the thing was filthy, people who had paid for seats were standing & it was a less than relaxing journey that I could have done in a third of the time it took had I used my car.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

stuhsp

I thought you were going ,far,far away.N.Z./Oz or americy/canadila . :shock:

Reply to this Topic
budgey

Jan 08

budgey says:

what you all bleating about again?

there's nobody to police these laws so whats the hassle? don't understand why coppers do an advanced drivers course as they're so slow that a 14yr old in a buggered fiesta gets away from them.

Reply to this Topic
yossa hughes

Nov 02

yossa hughes says:

all so negative aren't you?

there are still thousands of miles of roads in this country where you can have a bit of fun/speed without some electronic device or Hitler youth wanna-be reporting you. Get out there and speed/pop wheelies or whatever floats your boat. Every time I go out on my bike or in my car I break some bloody speed limit or other and get away with it, f*** them I say. All you have to do is be a little bit cunning, use your loaf [and your eyes] most 'safety executives' post where they are going to put their scamera vans on the www so before you pop out for a fix on your crotch rocket take time to have a little 'look-see' to find where the w@nkers are going to be and either avoid that bit of road or take the p*** by riding past the camera slooooooooowly, you can guarantee it will p*** off the lowlife nob end behind the camera and you can have a laugh at their expence. Go on, have some fun and to hell with the silly sods and their foolish laws. :winkie:

I'm not telling anyone to do THIS but now the dark nights are upon us its a laugh to go and blast thru some fixed scamera sight with your number plate blanked off/removed. Just make sure you aint wearing any 'destinctive' clothing when you do it.

Ride safe/mad and screw the system.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
budgey

Jan 08

budgey says:

what you know!

someone with bollocks. well said vossa, ppl bitch about the most rediculous things. in the last 5 yrs i've not been pulled for anything in the moyor or on the bike. no speed fines either. do these ppl go out to get caught so they can complain about the rozzers?:mad:

almost got caught once but didn't stop and hey presto, guess what...NO FINE!

btw, have to mention the rugger, england were humiliated, pity it wasn't by the welsh but God help them next saturday...can't wait! :lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

cameras

i predict the people that shoot holes in signs on a rds, will hopefully turn the cameras into targets instead...:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices