You are in... Forums > General > General > ABSOLUTLEY GUTTED

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LadyLoz

Nov 08

LadyLoz says:

ABSOLUTLEY GUTTED

Bit gutted....got a marketing and journalism degree and LONG to work for a place like mcn..or ps3/game type mags...been offered work exp from ps3 mag and nintendo mags from the articles i wrote....i cant bloody go as their over 100 miles away and cant afford a travel lodge or a 200 mile treck everyday.

TRULY gutted   :upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset::upset: my dream job!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 November 2008 21:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
paulzxr

Dec 05

paulzxr says:

LadyLoz

cant you rent somewhere short term, or is this not viable?

Reply to this Topic
LadyLoz

Nov 08

LadyLoz says:

mehhhh

nah..tried that option....cant afford to live atm with my flat..let alone find the money for the petrol or a place to stay. Need a bit of a boot up the ass..but im going to feel sorry for myself for a lil while longer lol! Whyyyyy are these places always so far away! whats wrong with the midlands!!!!

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Sorry

where is the midlands?  Is that anywhere near London?

Reply to this Topic
plainsimple

Oct 08

plainsimple says:

Just thinking...

Hmm, it really feels frustrating living remote from a desired job location... Could they possibly show some flexibility and hire you as a freelance/ homebased journalist to start with... If things kick off well, then a long term contract may change the way you feel about moving in closer...

Whatever the case, good luck!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Ladyloz

Can't you work from home, it is the age of the inter-net.or do you have to start at the bottom (teas-maid)? I suppose work experience means you have to be shown everything.

Reply to this Topic
jonmgoo

Jun 07

jonmgoo says:

Keep Pushing The Doors!!

LadyLoz, Just keep banging on doors, sending emails, letters & genarally harrasing the Companies you want to work for. Your persistance will pay off. Theres a girl journo that works for Ride magazine? I think her name is Emma Franklin, get in touch with her & ask her for advice, you never know what might come of it?

Reply to this Topic
Jonathan

Aug 02

Jonathan says:

Assistance

Have you explored the possibility there might be some government help?  They bang on about getting people into work and all the support they give.  I've no idea where to look I'm afraid, but maybe jobcentreplus.  Remember don't take no for an answer, be a nuisance and persist.  Good luck

Reply to this Topic
makemineapint

May 05

LadyLoz,

Sorry to be the one to say this, but if it IS your real Dream job, you have to find a way to make it work. Hard work and going the extra mile now will pay off in the long run. This isn't a practise run, many of us don't even know what we want to do in our lives and here you are with a dream, a vision, a purpose, and you're finding excuses why you can't do it! Sorry, not being mean, but wake up and smell the coffee hun, this is what you want, go for it!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

jonmgoo

There's also a chief road tester called Franklin, who writes for RIDE magazine too.I wonder if they are related?:tongue: Ladyloz you know makemineapint,is right don't you.

Reply to this Topic
jonmgoo

Jun 07

jonmgoo says:

old(ish)git

Yes !! well spotted.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN