Skip to content

Discuss This 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 first test - road riding update Bike tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Bike tests > 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 first test - road riding update

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

2009 Triumph Daytona 675 first test - road riding update

The world first test of the 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 is taking place in Spain - and this is today's update - how the Daytona 675 performs on challenging mountain roads. Triumph motorcycles for sale See all motorcycle reviews For yesterday's track riding impression of the Triumph, click here Road impression: Triumph's new Daytona 675 motorcycle performs faultlessly on the road. The fully updated new Daytona 675 has proved more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 December 2008 11:36)

Post a message in Bike tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thoppa

Oct 05

thoppa says:

It's great to see Triumph doing so well. I'd love to have one but I'm still waiting for them to make the bike I need - a 675 Tiger with long service intervals, hard luggage, long range tank and shaft drive. So as much as I'm pleased for them, I'm also disappointed that there is still no news about a Tiger Cub.

Reply to this Topic
sallison30

Mar 08

sallison30 says:

I've got an 07 Daytona and I love it but unless Triumph make a liter class sports bike, I'll have to look elsewhere for my next bike.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Good News Then

The big T need to be sensible now the economy has changed so much!

Make a good chunk of the bike oversea's has meant they can spend so much more tinkering with an already sound machine and make it louder ;-)

If i dont go Triumph 675 T3 challenge racing on one of these, it is almost certain to be my next road bike :-D

Reply to this Topic
kiwikeith

Nov 05

kiwikeith says:

Tiger Cub/Daytona

A message for Thoppa, I read somewhere that the Tiger Cub ain't gunna happen. I to was waiting for the launch of the same bike. I would love one of the new Dayton's but I am to long in the tooth for that to happen I have the Tiger1050 but it has had no end of trouble along the way to reach 29,000ks the latest is a motor rebuild with only a few weeks away from my warranty lapsing. (whew) The engine made a knocking sound when cold but got quieter as it warmed up. Cut a long story short it had badly scored Pistons and liners. The rebuild started 3 months ago and no sign of it yet after complications. I think I will be changing brands, when I finally get the bike back. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Reply to this Topic
norfolknchance

Aug 05

Tiger Cub

Must confess I am a little disappointed that this one is not going ahead, think it would make a great bike, but with all the financial uncertainty around, not entirel suprising.

Reply to this Topic
brandviolet

Jan 08

brandviolet says:

Really love it. A lot.

I went to trade in my Street Triple for a Sprint ST and test rode the 675.  My wife wasn't too pleased when I rolled up on the wrong bike.

This bike had me within 2 minutes of riding it.  The Street Triple is a fine machine (and I think is faster off the line to 30 mph) but this new Daytona is superb.  I commute and the highlight of my day is getting to and from work, through hairy London traffic; the 675 eats it up.

Can't wait for a track day. 

But would love to see Triumph do a litre triple superbike ...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices