Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

''OH'' YES YES PLEASE BRING IT ON

RACING NEWS

Rossi: ''I want to race Bayliss in WSB''

Reigning MotoGP world champ wants Aussie hardman to come out of retirement for one-off clash

LOADS OF talk in Italy at the moment about some quotes reportedly printed by Italian sports mag Corriere dello Sport which apparently has Valentino Rossi saying he wants a go at World Superbike - and would love it if Troy Bayliss came out of retirement for a one-off clash.

According to unconfirmed reports so far, Rossi has said:

"If there was an opportunity and the right date then I would race there tomorrow. I like World Superbikes to be mad, I like to watch it and I'd love to ride in it, the problem is the dates.

"I do not know when but I hope that I can make a race in WSB. I am sad that I would not be able to race against Bayliss on track now because I would like to challenge him on a superbike. Maybe, if I ask him he might even come back for one race for the challenge."

According to the same reports, Ducati Xerox David Tardozzi is reported to have said:

"We like this idea, but will Rossi really a race in Superbike? Bayliss is ready."

Last month Visordown reported how Rossi has openly slated MotoGP, prefering the bare knuckle, elbows out style of WSB.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 December 2008 01:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

He must mean

Hizzy (RIP)

Oh Hizzy... the man who beat Rossi's Donnington GP lap record on the BSB Monstermob Ducati 996 a few years back..

So OK, I wanna see Bayliss vs Rossi vs Hizzy... Now we KNOW this isn't going to happen!! 

:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
petergoodwin

Oct 08

petergoodwin says:

i think

whitham has done the mgp and the production class d in 86 the senior in 87 88,any way ROSSI BAYLISS i might have been a been a bit quick to say rossi would piss it but i do believe over a full season rossi would pull through,might be wrong{normally am :smile} would be worth watching either way

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

I SEE ANONYMOUS AND THE G.P.

Site boys are just getting up to speed and with the programe:lol:

There a big debate over there about what we have been talking about 11 days ago.Wake up lads its old news:sunglasses: 

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Lots of cons, where's the pros???

If you look at this from Yamaha's point of view then its not very appealing. Rossi is employed by them to win the MotoGP world championship next year and help yamaha win the manufacturers championship.

If Rossi was to have an accident racing in a series he doesn't know with riders he doesn't know in a series thats a little more physical than MotoGP then the MotoGP championship is in doubt.

The R1 is not as competitive at the moment as some other packages in WSB however if Rossi was to race in that series he'd be obliged to ride the R1. If Rossi didn't win then would this be down to the bike?

I too would love to see bayliss and Rossi competing in a WSB round but Yamaha has more to loose than it has to gain so might not allow Rossi to race even if everything else is in place.

Reply to this Topic
Quariosv650

Jul 08

Quariosv650 says:

tie

the best thing to happen would be a tie. that would be awesome. the 2 gratest riders ever (mayby) so they would have to finish at the same time.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

It's starting to come together!

:shock::smile:smile.......

Now Moto Sprint is reporting in Italy that Rossi will ride an R1 at the second round of the World Superbike Championship in Losail, Qatar, on March 15th and that Troy Bayliss, with the full blessing of Ducati Corse, has agree to come out of retirement to make one final ride on the 1098 against Rossi, who would ride one of the new “Long Bang” R1 Yamahas, the bikes that will be campaigned this year by reigning AMA Superbike Champion Ben Spies and Tom Sykes of Great Britain.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/555/1972/Motorcycle-Article/Rossi-and-Bayliss-Duel-in-the-Desert.aspx

Of course Rossi's old arch-enemy, Max, will be there ...on the new Aprilia. :winkie:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

GREAT FIND AGAIN KAM

This is the BEST news yet.:biggrin:How do i book a ticket to Losail circuit and airfare to Qatar! I was hoping the race would happen at Phillip Island as they have both won there and love the circuit but suppose thats me being a  bit selfish.:upset: Besides Rossi and Bayliss the permutations with Biaggi, Corser, Haga, Checa and the newcomers like Spies,Sykes and the rest, :shock:this will be fantastic. Lets hope this really does happen.:tongue:

COME ON !!!!

THE DUEL IN THE DESERT !:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

YESSSSSSssssssss:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

IT COULD BE ON AGAIN

WSB: Rossi v Bayliss - it's on!

Spanish mag Solomoto says a Rossi - Bayliss World Superbikes clash is going ahead!

WE'VE HEARD many reports flying around this morning that Valentino Rossi has agreed to a one-off appearance in next year's WSB series - and he's going to take on Troy Bayliss!

According to our friends at Spanish mag Solomoto, the duel is set to take place during the second round of next year's championship at Losail circuit, Qatar, on March 14th. Rossi is set to ride a factory WSB-spec YZF-R1.

Imagine that! Rossi going elbow-to-elbow with the WSB boys, along with Bayliss, who's making a special one-off appearance. It's the stuff that dreams are made of.

Bloody hell! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices