Skip to content

Discuss This Adrenalin release first race-inspired XR1200 Specials & customs

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Specials & customs > Adrenalin release first race-inspired XR1200

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Adrenalin release first race-inspired XR1200

Darlington based Adrenalin Moto have produced the UK first modified Harley-Davidson XR1200 based on Harley’s new one make race series race bike, which will be making its first appearance next year at BSB. Adrenalin have copied the design and used similar ideas to the race bikes, which have already been raced in Italy and Spain. They’ve increased ground clearance, brakes and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (09 December 2008 15:41)

Post a message in Specials & customs

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

So Its .....

... A drive to get fat H-D riders to BSB rounds to sure-up the numbers .... didnt see many Hyd(ly) Glyde boys at Cadwell Park.

I saw more Royal Enfields than Harelys. But then again, I hate H-D riders after being a sales man for them.

I apologise for the few who are cool people who dont follow a sad-act trend that Bill Dennis at work did and get a 1200 on his 50th birthday for his first bike.

The kinda guy who thinks he is 23 years old again, but the only 23 he is is measured in stone .... And has a penny pinching joint-accound-wife who gives everyone shit cos she aint had a good fuckin in 10 years ....

I aint just gone on a hate-rampage have i ?????

Sorry, again, soo many bad memories/ flashbacks/ hours on the couch.

:-P

I thought it was a sugestion at first having the XR1200's race in BSB, but its turned true .... TBH, they will be much more entertaining than the bloody KTM superdukes, it'l be like a bizarre trackday with ex-euro-superstock racers weilding bikes that wernt meant to go over 32mph on a corner (i have tested one, and they aint as friendly as i was lead to beleive hahahah).

Be "interesting" to watch on my birthday weekend/ week at the vest least hehehehe.

Reply to this Topic
Agent Orange

Aug 08

Agent Orange says:

My poor back!

After experiencing having to drag an overweight KTM Superduke through the gravel at the last BSB round at Brands Hatch, I was jumping for joy when I heard that they would not be racing in 2009.

But then I heard about the HD's racing, I thought it was the 1st of April or something.  But no, they are racing (!?!?) these lumbering great lumps of metal around next year.  My lower back still twinges evertime I think about this.  Did they ever give any thought to the poor marshalls that have to drag these bikes out of the kitty litter when the bikes remind their pilots that they are not race bikes?  I do not think so.  All they thought about was the old adage 'Race on Sunday, sell on Monday'.  Do they really think the average potential HD owner will rock up to a BSB meeting to watch HD's being raced?

I might have to eat my words though, the formula my prove entertaining, but in more of comedial terms than dogfight racing!  Not that I have anything against HD's, I just think they should stick to doing what they do best, making slow heavy cruisers for the more 'mature' riders and the weapons of choice for the black patch boys.

Reply to this Topic
cjgarvin

Aug 09

cjgarvin says:

Have you ridden an XR1200?

I'm a fit 175 pound American man, age 24, a US Marine Infantry Sgt, who rides an XR1200. Since neither of you have ridden this bike, I can tell you that 55MPH to 88MPH around corners is possible if you're a professional. This motorcycle will suprise your Eroupean arrogant asses if you give it a try. Which you should before you down it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices