Discuss This NEC Show disappointment Events

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Events > NEC Show disappointment

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

john waite  says:

NEC Show disappointment

The nec bike show was just one big rip off. 8 pounds to park- joke. 17 pounds entrance fee & no free programme- joke. When i have been I can never get xxx large sizes. All the bikers out there must be built like jockeys? food/beverages prices- joke. Why bother, just go on the internet, look up what you are after buying...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (15 December 2008 11:57)

Post a message in Events

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
coolforken

Feb 08

coolforken says:

I agree. The show was great and had one of the best I've been to. Great layout, more to see, a great show all round. But at the same time had one of the most expensive too!

Days of not-so-long-ago (inc last year) it was the place to get a bargain. Even Clinton's prices were mostly exactly the same as they have been all year round at the various superbike meets, and for stuff that is now out of date. What happened to like it was last year when a bargain could be found and the majority of the Clintons clothing was half price???

Don't spoil a superb day out for all, we can't afford big prices anymore!!

Reply to this Topic
1batfink

May 08

1batfink says:

I Agree aswell

The NEC bike show seems to get worse every year.

My friends and i were extremely dissappointed with this years poor, expensive, boring show!

Needless to say we definetly will not be buying tickets next year.

Reply to this Topic
muthaf9cka

Jan 06

muthaf9cka says:

£8 to park?  Motorcycles were free.

Reply to this Topic
thedukeofhunslet

Nov 07

Fairs fair

C'mon. Businesses are going under daily. The overhead of a trade stand is not going to be high on the priority of a company that is working hard to understand its customers at a difficult trading time. I go every year and yes, this years was a bit spartan but I wouldn't miss it for the world. I went with a wedge of cash and spent very little. Those companies that I was planning to spend money with but didn't because they didn't have what I wanted got told well and truely - something that sinks in better face to face rather then on an e-mail.

The chance to see all the little stands is what I go for.

Food and drink? Take your own sandwiches. £8 parking? take a car full.

You can slate the MCI and they deserve it - but if they drop their stand price you just get more stands selling shoe polish, kids toys and wonder mops.

Reply to this Topic
BodgertinoSnotti

Jul 08

Disappointed

Parking - Joke at £8
Food -Fair
Organisation - Bad
Off road trial & road rides - booked out by 9:45am major disappointment (one of the reasons i went).

I too was disappointed! £8 to park is a joke as there is no alternative for parking a car. I know its not much difference but £5 would have been seen as acceptable NEC prices.

The food was reasonable i thought £5 for a double chicken burger and chips was fair i thought.

The show was poor, badly organised with not enough signs pointing me in the right direction. We got lost in a sea of bike jumble!

I too went with cash but spent nothing! I fancied some crash protectors but the stand rhyming with r&b were busying moaning about how they could not wait for the show to be over. Not good so bought them online instead .

The main bike area was great with lots of chances to get close. Problem is I could not test ride the off road bikes as they were fully booked by 9:45. Only half an hour before the booking desk opened! The show hadn't even opened!

We got up at 5am to get there and will be thinking twice next year!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
mickdel

May 03

mickdel says:

NEC

The bike mags gave fair warnings not to touch the food and drink there -  if you went before, you would know its sh1te and expensive.   

I thought the supposedly reduced price stuff was the usual end of line old gear.  I don't think there are any bargains on new stuff - except the loss leader IKEA type "first 10 through the door get a good deal" 

One thing that was particularly galling was the paltry selection of humdrum bikes to try out on a test ride.  Nothing exciting at all - much better going to a megastore like George Whites - better value in the store as well.   The sellers at the NEC, I think, view it as an opportunity to try and shift stuff that nobody wants anymore - its like the TK Maxx of biking really.   

Over hyped, and not worth going to in the middle of winter.   Certainly not from London anyway - if it was next door, I'd go to put a day in.  

Reply to this Topic
Shakeyjake

Aug 08

Shakeyjake says:

NEC Bike Show

Went first time this year and was dissapointed too. I wanted to buy some summer gear but the prices were more expensive than the bike shops near where I live.

The parking price was expensive, so I went by bus which was not much cheaper (it was dirty, smelly and expensive which is why I ride a motorbike). Would have taken my bike but as I wanted to buy some gear thought I'd need to get it home too!

The thing that annoyed me the most was my entrance fee didn't get me access to any of the fun stuff like the wall of death. Whats the point of show when all you can see is stuff you can buy? Isn't that a shop? They are normally free not £17!

I wont go again, I'll just go to a few dealerships and Macdonalds.

Reply to this Topic
kirielad

Dec 05

kirielad says:

NEC Show

First visit for me in 5 years.  Think it will be another 5 before I bother again.  I agree with all the other posted comments -rip off parking, steep entrance fee and gear on sale at the same price as full retail in the shops.  Yes bike parking is free, but I was on the look out for a new lid, screen and jacket, etc, so car the was used.

Its very easy to price compare gear on the web (often with free delivery), so what's the point in having a mountain of gear at a bike show with little or no discount?

In fairness access to the manufacturers stands was a plus and the NEC staff were friendly and helpful, though not all manufacturers were present ( No Aprilia UK stand - stand rental too pricey maybe?) Not sure I would bother taking a day off work (went on Dec 5th to avoid weekend crush) plus a 300 mile round trip to visit again next year.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices