You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > European Touring

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

firemankevin

Jul 06

firemankevin says:

European Touring

Me and the wifey had our 1st touring holiday this year with Alpine TT. We chose the Austria tour and had an absolutley fantastic experience. John was our tour guide (and also runs the company with wife Carol).. Can't thank John & Carol enough for the experience. The hotels were as good as it gets..sauna's/pool/gym's if you like...plus the bars and great food.. The rides were stunning...roads and scenery unbelieveable.. Give them a try...they do not dissappoint... Many thanks John/Carol... Kev & Sue..:smile

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (17 December 2008 21:54)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Looks good

Where was the ferry from, and how many miles a day did you do?

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

I'm glad you had fun

but you could have enjoyed yourelf just as much by pointing your lovely Pan towards Austria and pulling the trigger.  I went away to Germany armed only with the relevant road atlas and found some quite stunning roads and had a great time.  I recommend Michelin for maps.

Reply to this Topic
firemankevin

Jul 06

firemankevin says:

Touring

Hi "used2bfast"..we got ferry from Dover but I believe other ports can be arranged... Alpine TT are extremley flexible in accomodating customers requests. They will provide maps and rendezvous points. If you are travelling down from North...they can recommend a place to stay just outside Dover... We arranged our own hotel and stayed the Friday night before in Dover as we were taking an early sailing... Can't praise Alpine enough..:ph43r: We kept miles to about 100/130...but it was judged more accuratley to when a coffee was required...but certainly no more than about 1 hour to an hour an a 1/4 in the saddle...Obviously on my Pan...it was a walk-in-the-park..but everybody felt really comfortable...even a couple on a Bonniville..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
firemankevin

Jul 06

firemankevin says:

Touring

Hello R100R....yep..your probably right... I had my 1st european riding experience in the April this year..My friends had moved to the Dourdogne in France..(750 miles from home) so we went down to visit them.. I planned the route..(google maps) and hotels.. we took a 2 day period for journey and had a great time.. took the occassional unexpected detour...but had some excitment finding our way back.. The Austria tour was even more of a confidence booster.. John had done all the prep...we just followed and soaked up all the scenery and atmosphere.. I will most certainly be touring with Alpine again but I will also be doing my own thing... PS..Thanks for replies..:smile

Reply to this Topic
yamtastic

Jan 09

yamtastic says:

Europe Tour

:wink:Hi all!

Me and the missus are off round Germany,Switzerland,Austria,France etc over 3 weeks so if there's any stand out routes you've ridden then please share! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
gazzarossi

Apr 06

gazzarossi says:

Europe

Hi, my partner & I went from Hull to Rotterdam and down to Nurburg. We stayed two nights at the Motorsports Hotel and rode the nurburgring circuit :biggrin: WOW  as well as spectate (awesome) we also took in the Ducati Festa which was on at the same time

Cocham on the Mosel is also a really nice place...       

We stopped off at the Hockenheim ring to watch F1 practice LLOOUUDD!!

We stayed just outside of Reutlingen which we used as a base to see the Black Forest and Mummelsee where they make the cuckoo clocks. Nice roads!

Down to Lake Konstanze (Constance) where within a short distance you can either be in Germany, Switzerland or Austria!

We chose Austria but not forgeting to purchase a vignette (a motorway toll pass) and down to Montafon to start the way up the Silvrette pass.. fantastic

We stopped at a little place called Flirsch and booked in a hotel 4* for just 21 Euros pp B&B with private underground parking. Because we went in summer the hotels are out of season and cheaper!

Because we were on a time limit we came back round onto the Alberg pass again fantastic.

Would loved to have ventured more into Austria / Italy as this was the best Scenic part of the journey.

I hope this gives you a little incite into parts of our journey and with other peoples responses you plan a wonderfull journey. Enjoy

Glyn & Geli

Reply to this Topic
firemankevin

Jul 06

firemankevin says:

Touring

Hello "Yamtastic"...Although we only have a couple off european experiences...if you can include the Stelvio Pass and the GrossGlockner Pass... You won't be dissappointed....but I'm not sure when you plan to tour..and these might still not be navigatable due to snow!!!... Stelvio is on Swiss/Italian border...Grossglockner is in Austrian "Tirol" region...south of Mittersill...I've put a couple of piccies in we took... Have some great riding.... watch them German autobahns...theres some seriously quick vehicles that come at down these...go careful out there..:sunglasses:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

Yamtastic

We did a fabulous ride up the Neckar river.  It was a lovely ride from Heilbronn to Eberbach, then up through some lovely wooded country to Aschaffenburg.  We also had a really lovely time in the Black Forest.  Get yourself a Michelin map and knock yourself out.:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices