Skip to content

General £2450 done in two days!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > £2450 done in two days!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gavinwalsh

Oct 08

gavinwalsh says:

£2450 done in two days!!!

Hey everyone,

Thats right, its cost me £2450 for the two days I had my brand new zx6r before it was nicked.

CIA, my insurance broker has charged me £1250 for the full policy, £600 excess and valued it at £600 less than when I bought it two days before.

They won't let me put a new bike on the policy either.

Feel like I've been bent over good and proper.

Anyone else had this experience with insurance companies?

Cheers,

Gavin

ps Someone cheer me up!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (18 December 2008 16:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

anyone else...reading this...

Hastings direct are superb. great customer service, prices, and none of the "bennets" and CIA crap. :mad:

Reply to this Topic
freeman_nufc85

Oct 05

agreed

with bennets.  had a mare with them.  never needed to claim but with the brake down service.  Broke down so there guy cam out and said he repaired it and it was fine.  then on the way home some problem.  When i rang up again they said if it happens again they wont pick me up.  was rather annoyed at this coz there fella said it was fixed.  aint even got a qoute with them since,.

Sorry to hear about woes gavin.  Dont think there is much that can be said to cheer you up.  Go have a beer or a few.  then find the stains on society that done it and snap there legs. 

Reply to this Topic
Quariosv650

Jul 08

Quariosv650 says:

kill the f******

kill em all. i hate insurence and people who want to knick our bikes. breaking legs is a good idea and probly more fun tho.

i am with mce, they seem to beat any price i can throw at them, and when u phone them up, u will tale to a real human straight away. big plus for me.

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

bennets are shite.

nothin more to say, apart from also CIA

Reply to this Topic
gavinwalsh

Oct 08

gavinwalsh says:

best start saving...

...gonna be feeding two insurance companies when I get a new bike! doh! :mad: not bennets or CIA though! :mad:

Reply to this Topic
Poke

Aug 02

Poke says:

Argue with them

They always expect you to argue and always value it too low at the start.

Get quotes from your bike dealer on a nearly-new used bike and then explain to CIA that this is for a pre-owned vehicle, which would make you 2nd owner so the price isn't like for like, as you were the only registered keeper on your ZX6R.

This happened to my old man, he argued the toss and it worked. They coughed up a few hundred quid more. Eventually.

Sorry to read your news. I really sympathise.

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

So sorry Gavin

that's a real b*****d. I recommend you look through the small print on your policy and see if there's any ambiguity you could get them on. Maybe contact citizens advice.

To cheer you up?

I bought a sat-nav the other day. What a useless piece of junk. I had it on as I drove around Woburn Safari Park. At one point it said "Now, bear left."

I looked left - It was a monkey having a w**k. Looked nothing like a bear.

or...

Woman tells her boyfriend that she wanted a present with loads of diamonds on it for Christmas...

Can't wait to see the look on her face though when she realises all she's got is a deck of cards.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle