You are in... Forums > General > General > Warwickshire Speed Limit Reductions

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

chrisga

Sep 08

chrisga says:

Warwickshire Speed Limit Reductions

Just a quick note to anyone that may live or be passing through the county of Warwickshire. The local county council have recently imposed an almost blanket reduction of speed limits by an average of approx 10mph, despite the Police actually advising against this. More info here:

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corporate/pages.nsf/links/F446059189B4303A802573C40057A12D

and here:

http://www.abd.org.uk/pr/636.htm

I am so angry that I just needed to make others aware, and also if you think this doesnt affect you bear in mind that our council is one of the first to implement new guidelines from the D of T asking all local authorities to revise its speed limits so it soon may do!!!!

They have claimed they are doing it to improve safety but that is utter tosh, as most of the roads they are doing it on have no adverse safety issues, yet the one road thay have not reduced the limit on is the most dangerous in the county in terms of fatalities, the Fosse.

I would say stear clear of our county but then I guess they have what they wanted so can everyone please come to our county!!!

Sorry for the stupid Saturday night post but I am seriously annoyed......

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (20 December 2008 23:24)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

50mph limits

We seem to be getting more and more 50 limits here in North Norfolk. All on good qaulity fast A roads.

The trouble is........ There are several accidents at a certain site (usually a junction), so the council are pressured to do something. They could change the layout of the junction, improve the road surface, signeage, cut down some hedges (to improve visibiltly) etc.... BUT NOOOOOOOOO.

Slap a lower speed limit on it, for over a mile each way.

One local bypass now has a 40mph limit on, because the local elderly population are too thick to handle a junction.

Another bypass was built, and had a 50 limit on it FROM NEW. Why?? Because there is a junction on it. Excellent visibility, good surface (it is new). Tossers. They get a bypass then campaign to get a lower limit on it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

Warks

Thank God I visited the county before this and won't have to return!  I also had the good fortune to ride in Montana when they had no speed limits in the entire state.  That's gone now too.  Sigh!

Reply to this Topic
tbmw

Jul 08

tbmw says:

speed restrictions

We have a message at work warning about some average speed camera's in the swindon area i think that are situated all around the outskirts and will pick up your speed when you enter and again when you leave irrespective of what part you leave from

Reply to this Topic
sad500

Dec 07

sad500 says:

average speed cams

are all over notts but dont bother me - they are all forward facing :wink:

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

The Cat

and the 34 in the peaks are all now 50mph:upset:.

It's the current 60's generation wanting it all their own way - they had full employment, decent pensions, decent wages, decent cost of living, and now they're starting to slow down they want (no - insist) the rest of the world to slow down with them........ allegedly they can remember when sex was safe and biking was dangerous.......

Reply to this Topic
vulcanrog

Oct 05

vulcanrog says:

They're in Cornwall too ---

roads that were previously a 60mph limit are now 50mph limits, spookily as well camera signs have appeared on the same roads. Cynical ? you bet your mortgage it is, these roads have been spotted as an untapped source of revenue.

Reply to this Topic
PaulBiggsABD

Jan 09

PaulBiggsABD says:

Warwickshire Speed Limit Reductions

There may be something we can do about this - some limits have gone down by 20mph against police advice. The council have ignored the DfT advice that no limit should be set below the measured speed for the road, but that's exactly what they have done. The DfT 'Circular Roads 1/2006' speed limit advice allows for limits to be raised as well as reduced - advice that seems lost on Warwickshire County Council. We need a campaign to get the lowered limits raised.

Reply to this Topic
cwesquire

Mar 07

cwesquire says:

speed limits

has any one else noticed the governments proposals plans to lower rural speed limits to 50mph, another money making scheme to catch people out? more motorcycling roads ruined by do gooders.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices