You are in... Forums > General > General > best bike youve owned

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bondyzf

Dec 08

bondyzf says:

best bike youve owned

over the ten years ive been riding ive owned many a bike but my favourite other than my current bike for many reasons has to be a sp1 i had.

twin stacked campell race cans man it roared like nothing else.

what was urs ?

Attached images:

1. sp 1  
  2. sp2  
  3. sp3  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 December 2008 21:48)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shaun the sheep

Aug 02

depends what ya mean by ...

" best bike " ... iv'e weighed up all me options , thinkin of the shit loadsa bikes iv'e had over the years ...... lots of " chin scratchin "prior too posting this thread ..... bit of " bollock scrachin " anawl .... and ... my conclusion is ( and i hope i aint missed any of me previous motorcycles out in me mind )

3rd place ....... GT380 2stroke triple ..... simply " simple " ..... comfy , great lookin , sounded the bollocks , mrs thought the world of it , ok it was " out gunned ( speedwise ) by many bike of the same era BUT ..... hell !! .... great bike .. even better ( in my opinion ) the me GT55O ( its bigger bro )

2nd place ...... R1 1999 ... who cant do " miles " on a sports bike ? filled to the tits with camping gear and all that shit ... ? great bike ..... never no problem ... did 38000 mls on it ... just change the oil every ( say ) 5000ml ..... not a prob .... sweetestest motor you could wish for

1st .... XT600E .... ( present bike ) .... had it 4 years .. rid it in every sort of " god awfull " weather , snow , hail , rain , ice .... the fuckin lot ..... takes shit loadsa camping gear .... 60mpg ..... not fast but .. who gives a fuck ..... tyres last many 1000's of miles ( think the rear has done in excess of 15000mile ) .... great .. " no " GREAT bike ...... i rest my case ...

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

bondyzf

every bike i ever owned has been the best, till i bought something with another novelty value.

wouldnt have any regrets about any bike i had, its all an experience, even if they trashed gearbox, dumped a valve, chucked me off, made me dance around garage in a Homer Simpson rage..... most have!

at the moment , fave is a mint 955i daytona, in yellow, mint, old shape, high level race carbon zorst.

but all the previous made me grin when i got them....thats what counts, and i would love em all back!:smile

Reply to this Topic
johnboy1957

Sep 07

johnboy1957 says:

Best Bike

:smile Me had a Gold GT380 loved it. stuck it into a car

racing a Scooter away from the lights in the 80's.

luv me Naked Blackbird now.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

No 1 big t

triumphs do that to people....the r1 and gixer brigade dont know what REAL ENJOYMENT is me 955i sounds, rides, looks brill. and turns heads. and its the last of early shape.

i honestly cant see how i would have fun on latest r6,  though a black 2006 r1 would tempt me.

its about character, if yer get yer thrills at 160, well...fair play to you all. i like the sound, character, and can still piss a fair few of you r6/gixer/zx6 bumblebees off if i can be arsed!:lol:

Reply to this Topic
sad500

Dec 07

sad500 says:

my monster s4

was an absolute riot and great fun but kept breaking down so comes last.

Zx6r was awesome in every respect except comfort ooh me poor ol wristies!!

My Blackbird well thats just the mutts nuts, all day comfort, handles like a dream, looks ace and goes like a rocket.  Blackbird the best by a long shot - So far :wink:

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

92 Blade

If i could get my hands on a time machine firstly find out winning numbers on biggest lottery win  , Secondly buy as many 92 blade as i could get my hands on ! ( absolutely exciting ,great  fun,easy to work on, cracking looker r/w/b colours and made me feel like a real hero ) oh and id have a quick bit o fun with an ex from1985 ! ?

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Best bike??

Has to be my old Bandit 600 (1998 R reg). Best allround bike.

Toured, Commuted, Trackday, Dragraced (with N20 on it), Isle of Man twice. Jumped it. I even GREENLANED on it. Now THAT'S what you call an all rounder....

I'd have an old shape 1200 if I could. Don't think I want to give up my fairing though....

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Repsol blade

The best looking bike I had was the Repsol Blade which I had till about 6 months ago. It was a 55 plate. Everywhere I rode, it drew looks..

But the best biek I actually owned was my GSXR 1000 K6.....In blue and white...It blew everything else away. In fact Im considering looking for the Stealth version !!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices