Skip to content

Discuss This John Hopkins confirms Kawasaki quit bombshell MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > John Hopkins confirms Kawasaki quit bombshell

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

John Hopkins confirms Kawasaki quit bombshell

American John Hopkins has confirmed Kawasaki has notified him of its intention not to compete in the 2009 MotoGP world championship. The bombshell news was communicated to the 25-year-old on December 29 while he is continuing his bid to regain full fitness after recent surgery to remove metal plates from his left leg. The rest of Kawasaki’s stunned team personnel, including new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (31 December 2008 10:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sofalofa

Mar 05

sofalofa says:

bodger, since the 500 days 4 strokes have become much much faster! If MotoGP went back to 500 2 strokes, as exciting as that would be, they'd probably be slower than WSB's... A race series that is supposed to be the pinnacle of racing, showcasing bikes that are slower than production based bikes? Will never happen, MotoGP bikes HAVE to be faster than WSB's otherwise it will lose it's credibility...

Reply to this Topic
hipho

Oct 06

hipho says:

kawasaki quit

was shocked when kawasaki has quit moto gp hope hopper gets another ride maybe we see him in wsb

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

The differance is too small.

The differance is too small now between WSB and motogp. Superbikes are pretty much prototypes now anyway and should be restricted back in many ways to the class they are i.e. road based bikes. Motogp would then be the premier class again for prototypes. Cant see this happening with the gov bodies chasing the same tv coverage and WSB appears to be winning. WSB's are lossing it for me too with an itailian based series (3 rounds this year) and cutting brands because of so called greed. . mayeb they just priced it out because the didnt want the best round to be in the uk!!

Bring back the BOTT's and transatlanic series someone please!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ZEPH1100

Jul 06

ZEPH1100 says:

WSB

At the end of the day, it's WSB that sells bikes for the factories not MotoGP, so i can understand them cutting back on MotoGP, and putting the money and technoligy into WSB, which is now the premier race series.you certainly get better value for your money in WSB, with 2 main races, supersport and other support races like super stock. I for 1 think the MotoGP series is very over rated, give me WSB anyday.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

MOTOGP

i think it is a shame, i watch all motorcycles racing and there is something special about watching these prototype machines that WSB/BSB production based machines dont give you

i think we have all benefited from the development of this series in our own bikes since 2002

the modern superbike 600/700/1000 is a superb tool, a lot of this down to Motogp

sadly this is the beginning of the end, we will see a slow down in bike development over the next few years in my opinion

Reply to this Topic
Karlasaki

Jul 08

Karlasaki says:

Kawasaki's withdrawal

This'll surely mean another big blow to MotoGP, and another big drop in viewing figures for the sport.  I think it's also a shame for Melandri, because he didn't even get the chance to race in green once!  Ths week's MCN also has Michael Bartholemy talking about only 8% drop in budget, as appose to everybody else's 20-25%, making Kawasaki seem unaffected.  I for one will not be watchng if Kawasaki doesn't compete, as will so many others :(

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

SOS

Time to ban supa-dupa electronics? The traction control war was really hot this year with control of the series swinging between the top teams as they outdid each other in the robot stakes. Cash-strapped Suzuki and Quakker were left floundering. A rapid reversion to pure mechanical aids or a common cpu might just save the series - if the organisers act quickly enough! In times like these, expensive development is an anachronism, let's get on with the racing and avoid a MotoGP crunch.

Reply to this Topic
bodger racing

Jul 07

hold on a min.

Yes ur proberly right but give it a couple of years and they could develop 2 strokes and get them faster, but also like i said just go back to 990cc

Reply to this Topic
Bbriansrider99

Jul 05

john hopkins

very  so to hear  of the none running of  kawasaki  but hey hoppy  and  marco will find a ride some where  i

am  sure of won,t be the same without  the hoppa

Reply to this Topic
hughbastard

Sep 06

hughbastard says:

2 years and 3 teams gone

Now that Dorna has allowed three teams to go to the wall in the last 2 years (Kawasaki, Team Roberts, Ilmor), not to mention all those teams that couldn't continue after the 500cc 2-strokes were outlawed; when will the governing bodies of Grand Prix racing (being MotoGP or F1) realise that they have a duty of care to look after the contributing teams as after all it is them that brings the entertainment to the fans. I don't want to see MotoGP turn into the boring F1 precession. Say no to the "Yamaha Grand Prix in association with Bridgestone with your host Valentino Rossi" that it so nearly is.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle