Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Casey Stoner denies MotoGP races are dull MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Video: Casey Stoner denies MotoGP races are dull

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Video: Casey Stoner denies MotoGP races are dull

Casey Stoner doesn’t believe that modern era MotoGP races have become too dull. Speaking at the launch of Ducati’s 2009 squad at the Madonna di Campiglio ski resort in Italy, the Australian said the introduction of the 800cc engine capacity rule in 2007 had not been a major detrimental step for MotoGP racing. Stoner has had to contend with accusations that he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 January 2009 15:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawasakibiker

May 07

OK, confirmation of Stoner being a TWAT is now on video...

:biggrin: He's an arse. A complete arse. He knows damn well its dull when someone pulls away and lives in denial if he thinks not.

:wink:Most races happen to be dull when a dull rider is leading too. Maybe if they ever catch Stoner expressing some kind if personality they can put that on video as evidence because until then I fail to believe he has one.

This next few years and he'll be in WSB like the others when the GP gets to be processional joke.:mad:

:biggrin::laugh:Come on Vale, lets win again for 2009 boy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wamanning

Oct 07

wamanning says:

what?! exactly like the '90s?! stoner is STONED!

“I watched all the 500 races from the old days from ‘80s and ‘90s and they were exactly the same. There was still the occasional race like we had this year that went down to the wire..."

that's absolute BOLLOCKS! 

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

well said Casey

Why do people blame the riders for the way Moto GP is going.Its not the riders its the way the bikes and regs are changing.They dont pick what bikes they ride cos if they did most would pick 500cc 2 strokes and then people like toseland would be absolutely thrashed every round.Stoner is right some races have always produced times when a rider will pull a big lead and some when it is far closer.It all boils down to set up tyres and bike performance.We all hope for closer races and with the new tyre rule hopefully there will more this season.Stoner is a brilliant talented x World Champion and some twat that has a kawa is an big a*se

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

The toolshed is full today!

Krapasakibiker, you really are a pinhead mate! How can a bloke that's only been around long enough to have won a single world champioship be responsible for making racing boring, regardless of his personality? I'll say it again, if so called race fans like you didn't idolise only one single competitor, then the sport would be better off. Stick to American Idol, it's about all your teenage female intellect can handle. Look back through records of winning margins and you'll find Stoner's not far wrong. Anyway, where does Rossi stand in the blame game for boring racing? In my opinion, this singleminded determination by Dorna and flogs like you who want to have his babies that are ruining the sport. It'd be great to see JT take a surprise '09 championship just to show what a easily swayed dolt you really are.

Reply to this Topic
DBunts46

Jan 09

DBunts46 says:

Not really a spokesman is he?

Casey's a great racer in my view but isn't the most interesting of people to listen to and doesnt really have anything interesting to say. I do agree with him that we can look back with rose tinted spectacles. I remember how exiting WSB was during the mid 90's compared to GP's but then it changed and maybe now its going back again. However to me the main issue is the small number of bikes on the grid which stretches out over the course of a race to leave a procession of solitary bikes rather than bunches of riders battling for position.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

dbunts

I totally agree with you in all you say however lets remember its all about racing motorcycles and not a personality contest.:smile

Reply to this Topic
Groundbait

Dec 07

Groundbait says:

Sat on a Desmo racing with rossi will be exciting with a ten second lead. Sat behind my telly on a sunday afternoon watching sent me to sleep or I cut the grass. what moto GP needs is more bikes on the grid with stable rules for a few years.     Dont they call that WSB!!

Reply to this Topic
hazbat

Jan 09

hazbat says:

stoner

no wonder stoner does not want any changes to his bikes. just look at his results before traction control ect ducati could not repair bikes fast enough. does anyone out there think he could be world champ on a normal bike?

Reply to this Topic
minezx9

Jan 06

minezx9 says:

Eh!

Guess Stoner must be watching a different Moto GP championship from the rest of the world.  And  when Doohan was winninging day in day out.  The majority of those races/ championships were against one man. Alex Criville. Most of them were post Rainey, Gardner, Schwantz, Lawson era. And he was on the best bike and he knew it. Thats why he stayed put at Honda. Is it just a coincidence or did Stoner go to the same school as Doohan when it came to having an interesting personality and the ability to hold a captive audience when speaking?  It's not an Aussie thing (as  Bayliss proved). Sorry but the old Doohan rant of " i let my racing do the talking " don't cut it anymore. MOTO GP  has to be sold not just on the track but off it too kid. Having a personality is very much part of the show we call MOTO GP. Just ask Rossi. Now will somebody give me a shake when he's finished talking.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices