Skip to content

Discuss This Croft future in doubt British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Croft future in doubt

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Croft future in doubt

The future of racing at Croft circuit near Darlington is in doubt after last week's High Court judgement awarded three local residents around £150,000 in compensation for noise issues. The circuit, which first hosted racing in 1928, has appealed against the decision and is expected to hear within the next two to three weeks whether they have been successful. If not, Croft...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 January 2009 18:01)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bikerwookiejim

Nov 07

To**ers

This lot will will be on Jeremy Kyle next claiming how drinking tap water made them wee............The council must pay!

Fookin twats and any Judge worth thier spine will see through it for what it is, a simple money making scam by (more than likely) layabout scum.

I live just under 5 miles from Mallory park and can hear the practice sessions during the week and the racing at weekends if I'm in the garden. Personaly I love to hear it and I apreciate what Mallory do for the local economy.

These people need a broom shoving up thier arses and need something better to do!

Reply to this Topic
rossispeed

Jan 06

rossispeed says:

If you don't like it!!! Why the f*** did you move in?!!!

You've got people living in Silverstone and Castle Donington and there have been no complaints ever!!!

Some spoilt rich brat moves in completely oblivious the track is there and moans it's ruining their weekend.
COME ON!!! you have to be a complete moron to not notice 5 square miles of race track and road signs.

And city people do have naive maoning suing rods shoved up their arses!!

The worst bit is that they can complain and sue all they want!
The Government won't defend race tracks like Croft, Castle Combe and Rockingham who have noise abatement orders who are slowly loosing revenue and the publics favourite events.

Reply to this Topic
doctorwatson

Jan 09

doctorwatson says:

circuit noise

unfortunatley rossispeed , there are a lot of complaints at donny, but they don,t get as far as the suing stage its happening nearly every where near uk tracks because noise pollution is now something that the politically correct arseholes take seriously.

nothing said about the airport right next to donny though,,,, strange might have something to with money

can you immagine the spanish or french gov trying that shit ,,,,,,,,,,,i don't think so

Reply to this Topic
amjb2112

Jul 06

amjb2112 says:

How good was the BARC legal team?

If 3 locals have managed to secure provisionally a pay out £150K it sounds like they must have had a very good lawyer or was the BARC's not quite so hot? Good lawyers don't come cheap so how did they manage to afford to fund the case? Were they very sure of their case or were they very confident the capability of their legal team? I have heard rumours of people moving into areas such as by Croft purely to make money from suing. What was the grounds of their claim and pay out and how come BARC were not able to put up a credible defence? I know there are really daft laws in this country but surely a decent defence team could have sited all kinds of facts to mitigate the claim. It scares me that such a claim got to court in the first place. I can't imagine the same happening to a Jonathan Palmer owned circuit! Or have I now just tempted fate! :(

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

this wa**er

this wanker has moved in knowing about the track been there so he wants to just fuck off back (down south) and live in a bubble watching eastenders and corro..........tosser,wanker,twat,cunt

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

this wa**er

this wanker has moved in knowing about the track been there so he wants to just fuck off back (down south) and live in a bubble watching eastenders and corro..........tosser,wanker,twat,cunt

Reply to this Topic
SUTTYGP

Oct 08

SUTTYGP says:

Petition

Seem to remember petitioning against this kind of shit last year, how do such a minority cause uk circuits so much grief? Why do these folk think their houses are so cheap, can't they just go to some stamp collecting gala on race weekends or badger watching or something?

Reply to this Topic
Daveeboy

May 08

Daveeboy says:

Bloody Ridiculous

The decision to award 3 locals compensation is madness.  As racing has been there since 1928 and taking that these people are not over 100 years old then they moved into the area knowing full well that they were moving to a home right near the track.  Croft adhere to the noise levels and the track was there before them.  They will all probably use the money to move house and they have just earned a nice size deposit!!!!  The amount of business racing brings to the Darlington area benfits it and the locals.  I will be gutted if racing ends as Croft is the nearest track to me and due to family commitments can only make the short journey down the road.  Maybe if they stop racing at Croft I should then sue the 3 residents and use the money to go all the other races round the UK!!

Reply to this Topic
TLSI

Aug 07

TLSI says:

madness

Next thing these twats will be getting a pay out for the smell from local farms !!  Im sure the noise and mess from local agricultre is far worse. It would be a tragedy to lose Croft with its long history of motor sport, as for noise they dont run that many meetings and they must have known about the circuit when they moved in for fecks sake!! Should have heard the noise from packed grids of two strokes back in the day when I used to race there . What about the neighbouring road and the airport are they next going to get a petition up to ban them ,miserable money grabbing feckers !!! 

Reply to this Topic
amjb2112

Jul 06

amjb2112 says:

Change of View

How many of you have read the legal document before commenting http://www.leeds-solicitors.com/croft.pdf ? I'm guilty, I didn't and now I've read it (as painful as it was!) do not believe I was right in what I posted earlier. If you read through there are a number of key facts that people are not recognising on this forum and, as a result, making knee jerk comments.

Reading the text, these people have probably been living near Croft for at least 10 years at which time circuit use was much lower.

They are NOT objecting to weekend race events - these are not under threat. They've objected to the increase in track days which operate at a noise level that appears to not have planning permission. There were two planning agreements in place from 1963 and 1998. These restrict the number of days at various noise levels N1 <95db down to N4 <70db. They can run as many N4 days as they like but there's a huge increase in N1's when max I think they can run is 10.

I don't think they're "money making twats". If there is a critisism it is about the circuit for running track events without planning permission.  If Croft have been winging it and its now going to cost them who's fault is that?

There will always be people who will try to make money through dodgy claims and I also have little faith in the law, however in this instance there are two sides and only one appears to being heard.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices