Skip to content

Discuss This Paul Lewis returns to racing in Harley-Davidson XR1200 cup Other sport

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Other sport > Paul Lewis returns to racing in Harley-Davidson XR1200 cup

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Paul Lewis returns to racing in Harley-Davidson XR1200 cup

Former GP500 Skoal Bandit Suzuki works rider and Daytona Twins winner Paul Lewis is back in Britain and planning to race in the new Harley-Davdison XR1200 race series at BSB rounds. The 48-year-old Australian – one of racing’s great characters - based himself in the UK for 26 years but after four years back home in Australia he is now back here,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (20 January 2009 10:12)

Post a message in Other sport

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BlindLemonAde

Apr 08

BoTT racing...

I remember being lapped by "Loopy Lewis" in the Battle of the Twins at Snetterton back in the 90's - he came past with the Guzzi standing on the back wheel, then stood up, turned round, and waved at me... and he still won the race !

Go and see him - the man's worth it ! 

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

mad as a hatter

He has to be loopy he offered to bet £20,000 he could beat any bike around Brands riding a Harley cruiser!

Wonder if anyone took him up on it. it was only  about 5 years ago.

Reply to this Topic
gsxr750steve

Mar 04

gsxr750steve says:

The Angry Ant....

Brilliant to see him back. My favourite memory was chatting with him in the Le Mans pitlane following the race way back in the early '90's..... Still got some of his old brake pads from there somewhere.

A legend!

Reply to this Topic
dlewis

Jan 09

dlewis says:

LOOPY LEWIS

Hey Bro,

You go get em' buddy.

Build a spare bike for me for Silverstone and we will tag team em' al. LEWIS STYLE!

Reply to this Topic
clarkeg101

Aug 02

clarkeg101 says:

y do they call him loopy lol

I remember beeing on the back of a special Harley with him going round a roundabout sideways to the shock of the car drivers before him straightening it up and pulling the front wheel up at a ton and turning round asking me if i was having fun....... YOU bet i was cheers Paul nice to hear u'll be racing again.

Reply to this Topic
toecutter007

Jun 10

toecutter007 says:

Pual Lewis

Well...I can't sleep.....and here's a story to cheer and warm your Monday

My girlfriend wantS to get involved in motorcycling, so we can do...like, ride motorcycles, all mine have ..one seat..soooo...

Once upon a time a man called a man about an 'oldwing', its an old thing, but then so am I. The shop proprieter, and in fact the face of Team Moto, throughout Australia, Paul Lewis was the man with the 'wing. I traversed the miles to Virginia to see and check out the aformentioned 'oldwing' Which indeed, was, an 'oldwing, but useable. I couldnt ride the thing as my body had several holes in it, that didnt exist previosly. I spoke with Paul, resplendant in a Skoal Bandit race shirt. I mentioned I liked old bikes and had made a few, he obviously liked them too, I commented...He says yes, its one of my old ones from the cupboard, Oh sez I..I mentioned I had met and spoke to a few of the riders from past glory days and I exchanged details with him for Kork Ballington who was an old friend of his, and now Paul is back in Australia, wanted to reach Kork and have a beer....hmmm Paul Lewis.?..hmmm..Skoal Bandit..?..bells ringing, but not much....
Anyway..............donned the gladitorial gear and we 'climbed aboard'...............Paul Pulled away..'somewhat spiritedly' on the 'oldwing'...and off we jolly well went....several brief thoughts flash through my mind like, HELP..!! WTF??.MUMMY...!!!.comes to mind as we tipped into the first bend , prior to a series of roundabouts.......inside I'm screaming.....because of my medical predicament and not knowing how oldwings ride or how well the rider, rides,..it was a lesson in..control, weight management,smoothness...of bowel retantion..[ AND OF COURSE TO NOT GET ON A BIKE 3 DAYS AFTER A GALL BLADDER REMOVAL..!!]..
'Paul Lewis'...hmmm....soo...returning of course, safely to the shop...I strike a deal...and today may pick up the 'oldwing'.....here's a thing.......
http://www.f1network.net/main/s180/st76570.htm ...good old 55....

Paul Lewis.....thanks mate, Can I have another go..?

I had a lesson...........but keep it quiet...

Yours somewhatenlightened

Jimmy 'the wing' Mott

WWW.HMR-MOTORCYCLES.COM

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices