Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 2009 Yamaha R1 tested Bike tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Bike tests > Video: 2009 Yamaha R1 tested

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 2009 Yamaha R1 tested

Michael Neeves says the new 1000cc R1 engine with crossplane crank gives the bike all the top-end rush of an inline-four, with the low down grunt of a twin. Neevesy tested the all-new 2009 Yamaha R1 in Australia - and he was clearly impressed: "I was shaking after my first ride on the new R1, it’s so different, so exciting and so...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (20 January 2009 16:46)

Post a message in Bike tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yamarone

Dec 08

yamarone says:

yuk

that white and bronze ? coulor is nasty. looks like red and white,or black, are going to be the best again.

Reply to this Topic
bodger racing

Jul 07

50/50

it does sound nice, but u kinda miss that high pitch classic scream of a conventional in line 4, im just not 100% on it if im honest.

Reply to this Topic
benjybobs

Nov 05

benjybobs says:

R1 2009

It sounds like they have built their best R1 to date. Using what they have learned from gp and rossi is what they needed to win this year.  The thing I personally believe that lets this bike down is the looks but thats my personal opinion. Will they take the weight restriction off the ducati's if it keeps winning all the time.

Reply to this Topic
Karlasaki

Jul 08

Karlasaki says:

R1 2009

Not sure about the red frame, very tacky, but I like the neat features like the headlight beam shield and I like the sound. Styling's not my taste but it looks like its gonna beat the Blade. 

Reply to this Topic
realtec

Jul 04

realtec says:

Toss Up

I am in the market for a new bike this year, was seriously considering the 09 blade (without ABS), gorgeous, high build/finish quality, voted best Road bike. I saw the new Yam at NEC , love the front end but the back end looks like a big BMW traillee or something. For me the exhausts really let it down in the looks department . So until I saw this clip and heard the bike (wow!), I was Honda bound but now I'm torn. Will just have to see how much a set of akrapovics are for the Yam.

Reply to this Topic
jakeymate

Jan 09

jakeymate says:

what a bike! got mine on order for march.the looks are new and modern and come on its never going to be as ugly as the fireblade is it.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

1min 50 seconds in he states:
"Compression in one fork rebound in the other".

I was just fancing one ‘til he said that.
That’s budget build (Kwak Z1000) territory and hardly what you want on a bouncy corner on a bike so capable otherwise

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle