You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > SV650S tyre choice

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Gazjev

Jan 09

Gazjev says:

SV650S tyre choice

I need to replace the tyres on my SV650S (K5). I've narrowed it down to three choices: Pirelli Diablo, Pirelli Diablo Strada, or Metzeler ME880 - BUT I'm happy to have my mind changed!! :roll eyes:

At the moment I use the bike mainly for commuting, approx 30 miles per day, all weather, with the occasional ride-out! However, I start a new job in a month's time which requires me to use a company car :mad: so the bike will become more for leisure use and ride-outs, etc...

I'm a novice big-biker (8 months) and would welcome any advice...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (24 January 2009 11:29)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
forklift

Apr 08

forklift says:

tyres

Hi, i have an SV650s and use Avon Vipers, sticky enough for just playing, which it sounds like that will be all you will do. Hunt for good prices. I got 1 front and 2 rear for 199 quid

Reply to this Topic
chocolateman

Feb 09

chocolateman says:

Best Tyres for th sv

:smileHad a sv650 k4 as fun bike found Pirelli Diablo the best for grip on a sunday blast they will last about 6,000k and will inspire great confidence. the Strada will last longer but a little less grip. The Metzeler Z6 sport tec isn't half bad very grippy but about 4,000k mileage but not so good in the cold and wet...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices