Skip to content

Discuss This John Hopkins to WSB? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > John Hopkins to WSB?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

John Hopkins to WSB?

Former Kawasaki MotoGP rider John Hopkins could be poised for a sensational switch to the World Superbike Championship. MCN understands that the American is in negotiations with the Stiggy Honda Motorsport team to ride along side Britain’s Leon Haslam on a CBR1000RR Fireblade. Following the news at the end of last year that Kawasaki were pulling out of MotoGP with immediate effect,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 February 2009 16:31)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
assen03

Dec 08

assen03 says:

Haslam and Hopper, what a team!

Reply to this Topic
bodger racing

Jul 07

CooL

i allways said he shud just go to wsb he wud do a good job there, not to be disrespectfull but i dont think he wud ever do alot in motogp, but cud actually be a title condender in wsb, hes very talented but just hasnt got that extra to run at the front in moto gp, can wsb get any better, 2 new manufactures, an influx of british riders, the new portugal track, and now another world class rider in hopkins, wsb is towering over motogp right now....

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

wsb

thats where Hoppa should be, in wsb...Hoppa & Haslam being very similar riders, from an aggression point of view, should be a good foil for each other & the bike will develope much faster...hope Hoppa fits in with it, as I think this championship will suit his aggressive style better...

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

what short memories you guys have!

The guy finished 4th in points in 2007 on the Suzuki! He's taking a huge gamble riding the Stiggy bike. His problem in MotoGP was crap bikes (especially the Kawaski) so hopefully it won't be the same in WSBK. He's only like 25yrs old so maybe he'll get another shot in MotoGP on a top bike.

Reply to this Topic
assen03

Dec 08

assen03 says:

Just what i would have said RawDawg!

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

WSB Its the Future

Hopkins will never regret it

I think Moto gp will or could end up being run at Formula one meetings as it will fit in very well with the ethos of F1

The culture is of a similar nature and both the organisers are not bothered about the fans or providing competitive racing and the bigger percentage of "Fans" are corporate guests any way.

Its a pity as we need all forms of bike racing to be competitive and exiting and until the cobweb ridden organisers of Moto gp wake up they will continue to ruin the sport they run

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr900rr

Jun 07

gravel plougher

i hope they`ve put 50% of their budget to one side for repairing hopkins bike

Reply to this Topic
Glynn Racing

Sep 08

Glynn Racing says:

Good Luck John

A great rider but on poor machinery. All the very best John and I hope your season is a success.

Reply to this Topic
travis73

Jun 07

travis73 says:

What a Waste

I hope he doesnt go. I hope Kawasaki pull their finger out and race the season.

scott22neale ---- WSB stronger than MotoGP? Dude stop drinking. Rossi, Stoner, Pedrossa, Lorenzo, Vermuelen, Dovi et el would spank all the current runners in WSB. There is a reason why Toseland (who i do rate) is running mid pack on the most complete bike out there. The opposition are stronger.

MotoGP is still where its at. The riders know this and that why they want to stay there.

And the Stiggy bikes are ok. They run Ten Kate engines....

Reply to this Topic
nigeleaton

Jun 04

nigeleaton says:

Hopper to Sterilgarda?

Lots of money behind Hopper and all of a sudden there's a cashflow problem at Serilgarda...hmmmm   :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle