Skip to content

General Motorcycle mechanic, repair , diagnostic courses General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Motorcycle mechanic, repair , diagnostic courses

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

Motorcycle mechanic, repair , diagnostic courses

I am really fed up with my job at Asda and would like to do sometthing with bikes , personally diagnostic works. Any one got any idea of good courses or companys that are willing to take someone on , i know its probably wrong time  with credit crucnch and all but any info would be great.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 February 2009 20:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

lucas

Try your local college dude... i know some of them do a basic motorcycle engineering course... 

im hoping to do one soon as i get off me ass and enroll :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

all

this because i wasnt sure at time when i did college first time aaround was going to do something lik ethis but just went with what mates were doing so now i have fUCKed up and am trying to sort something out that i'll love doing and not just asda.

only prob is as i have already done level 2 qua;lification at college i have to pay this time round:upset:

Reply to this Topic
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

i did exactly the same as you followed mates into a business course.. got fed up and bored so left and went to work.. never worked with bikes!! :upset:

im also gonna look into one of those home courses you can do... but i suppouse it dont beat having a tutor mentoring you!!

have u tried your local bike shops.. maybe try get in on a part time basis.. do some of the easier tasks and work your way up ???

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

i finished

my courses so i have 8.5 gcses A-C and then 4 A[Levels but want to go back to motorcycle course. Preferably an apprenticeship might have a look at honda website etc...

Reply to this Topic
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

soz cant be any more help ... best of luck to ya dude!!

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

yea

same to you mate

Reply to this Topic
wilksy288

Jan 09

wilksy288 says:

yeah

i wish i had done something with motorbikes. Have you apllied to suzuki??? they have an apprentice website. I applied the other day. havent heard anything tho.

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

wilsky

cheers for that ill have a look at that

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

i

have applied for that suzuki thng, so fingers crossed, god luck to you too wilksy

Reply to this Topic
cornbeef76

Jun 07

cornbeef76 says:

I'm at college full-time doing City & Guilds Motorcycle Service and Repair.

The motorcycle trade is pretty much closed shop. With or without a qualification, you're going to struggle unless you have paid work experience in the motor trade. If you have none, while you're at college, try getting a part-time job at Halfords, preferably the parts counter, or your local motor factors or even at Hein Gericke, just for something to put on your CV.

As well as Honda and Suzuki, have you looked at the BMW scheme? I have a couple of possible jobs lined up for when I finish in June but I'll be starting from the ground up, preparing bikes for sale, etc. but it's getting a foot in the door so you can prove yourself. A lot of it is who, rather than what you know.

Good luck and if there's anything you want to know about the course, give me a shout.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle