Skip to content

Ask an Expert Are RS50's Reliable Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Are RS50's Reliable

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

EliteImpreza

Feb 09

EliteImpreza says:

Are RS50's Reliable

I am turning 16 in a couple of months and want to get a geared bike, thinking of a rs 50 but everyone i talk to about rs 50s say stay well clear, apparatnly they are always breaking down something to do with the sync in the gear boxes is this true?or is there more faults?

thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 February 2009 23:36)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

APRILIA RS 50cc

Hi Elitelmpreza

Yes they can be a high maintenance bikes (like there big brother RS125)most sports 50s are specially if they are second hand and an over enthusiastic youth like your self thrash it to within a inch of its life.And then sell it before it needs a full engine rebuild.If you are going to buy one try and take someone with you who has some two stroke knowledge.If its done over 20,000 miles it should be at least on its second piston and small end and should be due a full rebuild ie con rod kit and main bearings never heard any problem with gear woes? But they do need looking after and keep all the bearings lubed and brakes kept clean and serviced cables etc.

Good Luck

K.C.and the sunshine band:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

decent oil

as above, but you need to run them on decent expensive oil. NOT chip fat like most young 'uns do.

Reply to this Topic
foxhole

Jan 09

foxhole says:

50's

Had two 50's from new did 25,000 and 30,000 miles without problem, just regular oil changes and use synthetic 2t oil as mentioned.Both were still running fine when I eventually sold them [ to 16 year olds so keen they threw the money at me and road them off without crash helmets]

Reply to this Topic
shaneshane11

May 12

shaneshane11 says:

gilera aprilia

im wondering to get a gilera or a aprilia i need help im turning 16 soon let me know

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices