Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi gives up on Troy Bayliss/WSB clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi gives up on Troy Bayliss/WSB clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi gives up on Troy Bayliss/WSB clash

Valentino Rossi has admitted defeat in his bid to set up a dream World Superbike clash with Troy Bayliss. The Italian though insists he still wants to have a go in a World Superbike race before he hangs up his leathers, though for the time being his two-wheeled racing exploits will have to be limited to just defending his MotoGP crown...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 February 2009 11:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Yes I remember

The above photo was taken when Rossi was lapping Bayliss..... nuff said.....

Reply to this Topic
assen03

Dec 08

assen03 says:

On the best bike by far!

Reply to this Topic
doctorwatson

Jan 09

doctorwatson says:

w.s.b -motogp

obviously not taken at valencia then ,,,when t.b just turned up, jumped on and kicked ARSE!!:lol:

touche

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ROGUE28

Feb 09

ROGUE28 says:

some people mite forget when nicky hayden won the motogp world champ back in the old 990cc motogp ( the last motogp race on the 990s aswell)  nicky only came 3rd &  who came frist  Mr troy Bayliss wiv loris in 2nd  if i remember rightly troy wiped the floor wiv the  rest of the motogp grid that yr as a wild card ride cos sate was out injured . unlunky for the big man rossi race out @ turn 2 aswell

Reply to this Topic
shamitz

Sep 06

shamitz says:

Good for Troy. But that was just a one off race.

Troy raced in motogp for more than 1 season. Please name anymore performances like that.

I think a lot of guys are just getting way too carried away with Troy's one off Valencia motogp win...

Troy Bayliss - 1-time MotoGP race winner (3 MotoGP seasons & 1 wild card ride)

Valentino Rossi - 5-time MotoGP Champion & 1-time 500cc Champion

Rossi Still Rules !!!

Reply to this Topic
hughcam

Dec 08

hughcam says:

Knocking one out

To many people like to knock one out over Valentino Rossi...............

Reply to this Topic
ROGUE28

Feb 09

ROGUE28 says:

Well i no that troy naver really got going on the ducati as much as he should have done  but anyways it would be good to see what would happen if rossi & troy raced in WSB four a 1 off race ! 

& yeah rossi does rule !

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

true, bayliss did "only" win one race (more than can be said for a lot of the GP paddock), but lets also remember that he got podiums in his first season, finishing the championship in 5th. he then had a rough time (big off at australia... remember that?) before switching to a 990 honda that did not like being bent out of shape as it was rossi's development; before hayden got his input into it. plus i believe it was running a brand of suspension that no other honda was running at the time? could be wrong on that part, but that cammel honda definately was not made to be ridden the way bayliss rides a bike. you can not write troy off as a motorcycle racer because of this when you look at all of his other achievements. he'd simply wipe the floor with rossi in WSB.

Reply to this Topic
shamitz

Sep 06

shamitz says:

jnh-hrc07

Everyone has a right to their own opinion ...

Troy keeps praising Ducati .. even since his 996 riding days all the  way to motogp & back to 999 & 1098 days. Obviously he loves Ducati & is loyal to them. So I take it that his riding style goes hand in hand with the Ducatis. Even with all that, a few podiums & 1lucky win in motogp on Ducatis?? Is that all ??

Anyway lets look at Troy from his WSBK aspect .. he's only a 3 time WSBK Champ ..... Even Foggy has more championships than Bayliss.

PS I'm NOT running down Troy Bayliss here. He's a great guy & a superb rider ...  But U just gotta know who's superior here. U are comparing him to Valentino Rossi.  ;-)

Reply to this Topic
glentraman

Mar 05

glentraman says:

rossi vs bayliss

bayliss's ducati whilst in moto gp was no where near rossi's  honda in terms of overall performance and the same goes for that  camal honda effort, but bayliss rode a duke in a one off in 2006 and that duke was sorted and look what happened. if bayliss stayed with ducati until present i'm sure he would have won more than 1 moto gp championship and rossi would'nt have one so many. the team and the bike make up 50% of a champion and rossi has been lucky twice. put rossi on a kwak and lets see if he could finish in the top 6. I dought it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices